• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarks has disappeared

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is going on. When I apply my signature watermark to my photos using the export option (sending as jpg and I make sure the watermark option is checked) they no longer show on my images. If I just use one of the LR default watermarks, it shows up just fine. I have done nothing different nor did I change anything. I verified in my edit watermark window under watermark effects that all is set as should be. As I said, the default LR watermarks work just fine. My signature ones that had been working for a long time just out of the blue don't show anymore on exported images.

Any suggestions what to do? Could this be a bug with the newest LR update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skorg264,

Could you please post a screenshot of the export window showing the watermarks option and also one of the Edit watermarks window?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my saved watermarks have disappeared.  I had about 5 or 6 different ones with different years, fonts and colors but now none are in my stored watermarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI phoenixblue,

Please take a look at this article Lightroom: Where did my Watermark go? | Rikk Flohr's Fleeting Glimpse Images and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, Akash.  Here are the screenshots you are requesting....

1. This one is the export window showing the watermark options window...

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.34.14 PM.png

2. This one is the top half of the Edit watermark window...

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.35.55 PM.png

3. This one is the bottom half of the watermark window...

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.36.08 PM.png

Hopes this helps you.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Does it help if you use any of the default watermarks available within Lightroom?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default watermarks work fine. However I do not want to use them. I have custom ones for my images. Should I just delete them all and try adding them again? Makes no sense why they are available to choose but will not export on the image.

Steve Hadeen

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have custom ones for my images. Should I just delete them all and try adding them again

This is worth giving a try. Let us know with the outcome.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your bottom half of the Watermark window, move the vertical slider to the zero position.  My guess is that, being set at -10, your watermark is off the image completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never realized that. I’ll give a a try next time on on the computer. Thanks for catching that!

Steve Hadeen

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave your suggestion a shot. Did not solve the problem. I remember purposefully setting them -10 for the proper placement I wanted. The same was done with the vertical being -2. I do appreciate you mentioning it though. Was worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave your settings a go and I find the watermark does not print on the image?

ScreenShot001.jpg

And what Graphic file have you chosen?  You are using the "Graphic" option. (not text)

Are you using a jpg or a png file for the graphic watermark?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my images, the settings I use for vertical and horizontal still have the box more on the image than not (see the screenshot below). It is selected graphic because my watermark is my name saved as a png. I have not changed any settings from when I first set up my watermarks. It was working just fine and then one day all my watermarks just disappeared. They are still in my watermarks to choose; they just don't export when I do choose them. The defaults work fine. My custom watermarks have simply disappeared. No reason why. Again, nothing was changed at all.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 10.59.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(In your screen-clip)There is no image showing in the bounding box for the graphic.

Is the Graphic file possibly missing? Can you re-select it in the Watermark Editor?

You should be seeing the graphic in the editor.

ScreenShot002.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the issue. It has simply disappeared. Even though all my custom watermarks are still available to be chosen each time I do an export, they simply do not show up. I don't know why. Nothing has been done or changed to make this happen. One day it worked fine; the next day it didn't and hasn't since. Why do the defaults work just fine but not my custom ones which worked for months before just disappearing? I don't really see any other choice other than to delete them all and enter them in again since no one seems able to offer anything that has helped to this point. The Adobe tech just said to reload them and let them know if that worked or not. Not what I really wanted to hear but probably my only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is not a graphic in the sense of a graphic. It is a signature saved as a png so it is a graphic but a signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed- your signature in a PNG file is a 'Graphic'.

So did you actually try to reload the Signature graphic in the editor?

ScreenShot003.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try one as I have several for different positions on image and for black or white. All same signature. It shows in the preview when I reloaded. Was late so only tried one. Looks like based on that my best recourse is to reload them all. Thanks for your suggestions to try. Still hit weird they disappeared...

Steve Hadeen

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Weirdness" in Lightroom is not uncommon. And it seems a common theme in forum posts.

Like yesterday- I deleted one unwanted folder in my Windows Documents library- and Windows suddenly started deleting 39,000 files. I lost half of the folders in "Documents", my Lightroom catalog was gone (but NOT the Previews folders!). Lightroom started with a new empty catalog and would not find any other catalogs on my internal drive although others still existed in remaining folders.

Luckily I had a recent full backup to restore everything and back to working, phewww!

So as to "Watermarks"- yes you may have to refresh each watermark preset (for an unknown reason).

Also note that there were (and maybe still is) a time when Windows File Explorer would not show watermarks on exported jpg file icons, although the watermarks were there when viewed in an image viewer program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Weirdness" in Lightroom is not uncommon. And it seems a common theme in forum posts.” LOL! Don’t I know that! I use iMac so the windows file explorer would not apply to me. I also lost my catalog once but, like you, I have back ups done regularly.

Steve Hadeen

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can rtell you what most likely happened. You moved or renamed the folder you had your watermarks in and Lightroom can no longer find them.... just happened to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this ever get resolved??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. The only option I have is to add in my custom watermarks again. It appears to be one of those weird things that just happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.36.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.37.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue..I got a new laptop, imported my watermarks from my desktop and the graphics are not transferring:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines