• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is path from volume and how do I undo it?

Contributor ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR classic 6:

I was going through the links that Dave was kind enough to post for me re: transferring files to an external drive, and I was in the folders window, where I hit +.  But then I picked "path from volume". So of course the external drive did not magically appear and something changed but I'm not sure what just that it didn't seem good. So: what is path from volume, if I don't like it once I understand it, how do I undo it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Volume' refers to the hard drive(s) path connected to or associated with your computer.
You can turn this off by 'Hide this Parent' as shown here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether this is the edit menu, or preferences, or what. The + located at the top of the folders window has the following options:

Add folder

Add subfolder

Folder name only

Path from volume [checked]

Folder and path

Show folders in subfolders [unchecked] I routinely use this one in the library menu. Is this the same thing?

Which of these will bring up the external drive to which I wish to export files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should help: How to create and manage folders in Photoshop Lightroom Classic

Right click on the folder to reveal the parent folder options:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines