• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What new features in Lightroom 6 ?

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Photoshop Lightoom 6 expected to be released later this year, what new featured would you like to see in the new version ?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Robert Frost wrote:

Isn't it about time this thread was closed, and a new one opened for LR7?

Bob Frost

Bit hard to know what to ask for in Lightroom 7 when 6 is not out yet....

But quite happy to lock this...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 415 Replies 415
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree: overlayed graphics would be better than a floating dialog box (whether capability built-in or by plugin), Chris Reimold (the author of the plugin) agrees. That said, Chris is also open to suggestions for improving usability, granted he has to work with the constraints imposed by the current SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this on virtually every photo. I dont really mind the current interface but it would be a timesaver to have it integrated. My thanks to Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Note: for Adobe to implement it natively from scratch, they'd have to break tradition, and read proprietary metadata.

For a plugin to "do it right" (integrated), Adobe just needs to provide the primitives (a few core functions..) - plugin authors will take care of the rest.

So, +1 for seamless integration, whether Adobe does it all (which would be great), or provides the features in the SDK for plugin authors to do it (which would open additional doors for custom overlay info/graphics) - also would be great..

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really like to see perspective crop in LR. Very often I have to switch to PS, just because of the perspective crop tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My early 2011 15'' MBP has some bluetooth-problems with mouse when running LR. I did some research: I am not the only one. Perhaps Adobe and Apple could work this out now that Aperture is not an option any more???

Local edits of any of the dev modules, esp. HSL/Color, (similar to Aperture) would be a welcome feature. This would allow me to do much more on RAW-file, without adding a 200+MB tiff or even a bigger PSD on my HDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many good suggestions in this thread. As a newbie, I can only add that I'd like to see the Book module include other sizes (i.e. Magazine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book module is not usable. It should allow custom page sizes with the option of customizing pages including the option of moving photos in a page and saving custom templates as the print module does.These would be relatively minor improvements that would significantly increase usability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm doing a lot of architecture photography I'd like to see improved tools for lens correction. A filter similar to "adaptive wide angle" would be very appreciated to improve my workflow within Lightroom. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see a way to remove some of the DEFAULT develop presets and the containing folders.  Most of them are probably worthless for most people.  I know this has be requested in the Feedback forums and Adobes OFFICIAL reply is essentially "thats the way it is"

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 2.51.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be nice to have an identity plate that transfers across catalogs so the user doesn't have to re-do them for every new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose LAYERS would be too much to ask for since that would kill of the majority of why photographers still use PS. But it would sure be nice to have all of our photography workflow tool under a single host application! Photoshop is a great program, but it is simply overkill for photographers! Lightroom is the perfect post-process host for photographers without all of the clutter that we simply do not need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think layers are to much.  Some great plugins use layers. See Nik software, Color Effex Pro, Analog Effex.. We need layers so we can and another "curve layer" for example. We also need some PS tools like Levels. Contrast also must change. It's distorded the tone if you push in high. PS "Brightness Contrast" is amazing. Grain is very poor quality too. Another amazing too will be "Color Ranges". It will fly the software up. Brushes for mask isn't enough. We need more "dark room" masks style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dropped all my original requests/dreams and now just want LR6 to work as we had come used to  LR4 worked. Lets hope they fix the dramas instead of just adding extra toys to give more dramas. I'm happy to wait until LR7 :eek: for the new toys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll love an auto tile panoramic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An improved book module that allows custom page sizes and custom templates, as a minimum, similar to what the print module currently does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with regards to the book module, it is truly a mess right now. I have a photo printer at home, I should be able to just print the books at home, at ANY size, similar to how iPhoto and Aperture are behaving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Lightroom 6 needs is the ability to customize page layouts in the book module. they are very limited compared to Blurb.com. I really hope to see more options to be creative when building a photo book. I really hope you see and consider this recommendation .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image region metadata

Facial recognition

I'm sure you guys are working on some super-fancy implementation. I'm sure it'll be fabulous someday. BUT IN THE MEANTIME please release a manual version that allows us to tag faces and embed those image-region-specific tags into the metadata when exporting, per the standards agreed upon by the Metadata Working Group that Adobe founded.

Or any other open standard you and the other giant corporations can all agree on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face recognition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone see adobe reading this very long wish list and then rushing off to add the wishes to LR6

Hope not; LR 6 will be light years away.

Umm; why  is face recognition important to so many?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why  is face recognition important to so many?

I suggest continuing the discussion about face recognition in this thread in the official Adobe feedback forum:

Lightroom: Please add face recognition to Lightroom (ability to specify region metadata)

299 users have liked the suggestion, and there's lot of discussion there about why they want the feature.  Adobe does read that forum, though they infrequently respond (and even less frequently act).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face Detection:

Not recognizing the presence of a face, but rather, WHICH face would be VERY helpful.

As a Serious, Advanced, Hacker, Amateur, I take a WIDE variety of pictures.  Many of them have faces.

For instance, My Boys are, and have been in, Boy Scouts for YEARS.  I have THOUSANDS of pictures of them... With LOTS of different boys.

Soon, I expect to get to put together an Eagle Celebration for one of them and it would be DANDY to be able to simply poll the database for all of his pictures.

Yes, if I were more diligent, I could have put a keyword every time one of my sons appears in one of the photos but I didn't and I would rather have Lightroom just do it.  Furthermore, I not infrequently get requests from other scouts or their friends or their parents, asking me for pictures of their son.  No, I did not catalogue a keyword for every scout in every picture.  So, I get to scour through all the photos with the keyword:  SCOUTS and find their son.  I would gladly identify a person once and allow Lightroom to identify them in the future.

I know that NO AI is perfect, but neither am I.

It would have been great to have for all the Weddings I have shot, the work pictures I have taken, etc.

Another use case:

I am getting old and I don't always remember the name of Joe's weird uncle .  I recall that there was an amazing picture of him that I want to use in a PowerPoint, but I for the life of me can't remember when I took it... or where it was taken.  I do, however, remember Joe.  I can search all the pictures tagged "Joe" and can find one with his uncle there, then look up all the other pictures with him in them.  Walla!  His name is BOB and a face recognition search finds that we were at Key West 8 years ago when I got the great shot of him parading around with the lime in his nose.

Final use case:

Recently, a colleague passed away unexpectedly and I wanted to find pictures he was in.  Frankly, he wasn't someone I would have ordinarily key-worded but now I found myself looking through hundreds of pictures of work-related events to find him.  I would have named him once if I knew that LR would have kept track of him.

Not a perfect solution, but another tool for cataloguing the hundreds of people who randomly appear in pictures.

Just like GPS metadata.  That is imperfect, but can be handy, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been said a few times already but automatic face detection is very useful for event photographers. Think modern wedding photographers with automatically keyworded images on their website. Aperture does this great and you can synchronize this to Lightroom if you are careful. Another trick people use is Google's face detection using Jeffrey Friedl's plugin: Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Picasa Face-Recognition Import” Lightroom Plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see face recognition as a priority, but it would be OK if it was optional and could be activated as a user preference. I’ve seen it working in Photoshop Elements which has a similar catalog to Lightroom. The initial indexing requires a lot of manual input but when left to continually work in the background becomes a drag on performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face detection.  Please dear god.  Face detection.  Detection of faces.  If there's a face in the picture, detect it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines