• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What new features in Lightroom 6 ?

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Photoshop Lightoom 6 expected to be released later this year, what new featured would you like to see in the new version ?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Robert Frost wrote:

Isn't it about time this thread was closed, and a new one opened for LR7?

Bob Frost

Bit hard to know what to ask for in Lightroom 7 when 6 is not out yet....

But quite happy to lock this...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 415 Replies 415
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; just ask as I can not see a reason to detect a face in LR, if there's a face in the image I will see it

Sorry I asked; maybe I need tree detection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian.  As john mentioned above.  There are several very in depth threads explaining why this feature (along with regional metadata) would be very important for a large portion of the user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't stop laughing, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will I be able to open RAW images from my new Fujifilm X100T?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ospreyphotog wrote:

When will I be able to open RAW images from my new Fujifilm X100T?

Seems borderline off-topic to me, but the answer is: if it's not supported now in Lr5.7.1, then it'll probably be supported in the next release (whether that's 5.7.2 or 6.0). Nobody will be able to tell you when that will be, other than an estimate by extrapolating from previous release dates.

PS - same is true for every other camera, and since it's one of the most frequently asked questions, the answer is generally easy to find, e.g. using internet and/or forum search..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does in 5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, based on hoedy322's post, the answer is:

As soon as you download the latest version, presumably.

Begging the question: why are you asking about a camera that is already supported? - did you not think to check the latest version, or is there a problem with it (latest version still not opening your raws..).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly I will admit to not reading all the earlier posts.... So hopefully this is not a duplicate.

I would like to see integration with Digimarc, perhaps something similar to that in Photoshop.  Basically, when I batch export I want to Digimarc each image as the last step in the export process.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agawthrope wrote:

Firstly I will admit to not reading all the earlier posts.... So hopefully this is not a duplicate.

I would like to see integration with Digimarc, perhaps something similar to that in Photoshop.  Basically, when I batch export I want to Digimarc each image as the last step in the export process.

Andrew

It pays to read before posting.... if you had you would have seen that http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family is the place to request features.... this thread is people discussing and debating their dreams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it's also a place for needlessly snarky responses to what most would consisder a relevent post... or, at least, not objectively off topic.

So, you know... well done on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't seem off-topic to me either - you're not the first to "express desire for a feature" in this thread, and I'm not sure what the distinction is between that and "discussing a dream" for Lr.

I mean, Adobe may not be combing this thread for feature requests any more (if they ever did), so making an official feature request isn't necessarily a bad idea, still.. (not off topic, imo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bcdavis75-1 wrote:

Apparently it's also a place for needlessly snarky responses to what most would consisder a relevent post... or, at least, not objectively off topic.

So, you know... well done on that.

I fully support the idea and pointed out where to get it noticed.... what's your helpful hint??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you call that fully supporting, I would love to see what your version of rejection looks like.

My helpful hint would be for you to write your responses on a piece of paper and put it away for about 2 days.  Then re-read your piece of paper and see if what you wrote still sounds like a 'supportive' comment.  Also, exercise 20 minutes a day and avoid diet soda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agwathrope wrote:  would like to see integration with Digimarc, perhaps something similar to that in Photoshop.  Basically, when I batch export I want to Digimarc each image as the last step in the export process.

If you have Photoshop, you can create a Lightroom export preset that invokes the Photoshop Digimarc plugin automatically: How To Use Digimarc With Lightroom | Destructive Pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.  Its a good video and I implemented that approach into my workflow a while ago 😉  But I feel that if LR could support integration it would both simplify the process of adding Digimarc's and the through-life support of the process.  i.e. Photoshop Actions, Droplets and using the appropriate LR export preset.

I apologise if in posting I've upset anyone, but the question that started this thread and to which I replied was: "With Adobe Photoshop Lightoom 6 expected to be released later this year, what new featured would you like to see in the new version ?."

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this one bugs me......... not being able to delete a file from the h/drive when working in collections.........so being able to do that would be good to have in LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~IanB~ wrote:

this one bugs me......... not being able to delete a file from the h/drive when working in collections.........so being able to do that would be good to have in LR6.

Familiarize yourself with "splat delete" if you aren't already.

(hint: do internet search for "Lightroom splat delete")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob; never heard of that one. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see cross catalog searching.

I'm getting into the hundreds of thousand of images, 10 years of shooting weddings, years of traveling, events, family, hobbies etc. As I searched for suggestions to solve the bogging down issue I'm experiencing, I saw a suggestion to make a catalog for each main subject, which makes sense. I can make a wedding cat, a travel cat etc but however I split it up there is likely to be some keyword crossover. I envisage a master search that stores the necessary metadata to find an image, in a "search only" cat that each individual catalog writes keyword/rating info into. If it was simply keywords that would be good. Keywords and ratings would be ideal. Once the image is found the master search cat can open the correct catalog. The search can be saved, so say there are 300 images over 3 catalogs found. You can have the option to open the images found in the first cat, work on them, then return to the search result to get the images from the second cat, etc. I know opening a catalog closes the program but it would only need to store and pass the master search results between each cat to persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face Recognition, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, i would like it to detect focus point, Aperture does it already since version 2 i believe.... come on Adobe, catch up !!!

and most important, to be able to have it in regular version and not cloud. I do not think that all users, like me, want to pay forever !

On the contrary, i would accept a slight raise in price to have it "regular" !!!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an excellent plugin for viewing focus points (http://www.lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/), if you own a compatible camera, and Lr6 will almost certainly be available stand-alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an excellent plugin for viewing focus points (http://www.lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/), if you own a compatible camera, and Lr6 will almost certainly be available stand-alone.

Many thanks; useful if only to understand the failures!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset having is currently only "reset all", so it would be nice to have "reset some", similar to the +preset/copy popups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TallButHappy,

You may enjoy a script I wrote called "Reset Everything Except..." - free, here:

robcole.com - MiscLrScripts

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines