Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Balance changing on its own

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all and Happy New Year!!

I've been encounterting an issue where in Lightroom Classic when I open an older, already edited import the White Balance suddenly turns blue on all the images. It happens without any prompts or actions on my part.

Thank you in advance!

My Lightroom info:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.18362
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 12
Processor speed: 2.2 GHz
Built-in memory: 16119.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16119.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 6589.5 MB (40.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 11135.4 MB
GDI objects count: 1021
USER objects count: 3484
Process handles count: 3507
Memory cache size: 1022.3MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.1 [ 351 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 4217MB / 8059MB (52%)
Camera Raw real memory: 4287MB / 16119MB (26%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design (24.21.13.9793)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: D:\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2-2.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Justin\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 1c8c
Subsystem : 87c1028
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 4021
Adapter #2: Vendor : 8086
Device : 3e9b
Subsystem : 87c1028
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 80
Adapter #3: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
AudioDeviceName: Speakers/Headphones (Realtek(R) Audio)
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: 12.1x4
Direct2DEnabled: false

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White balance or any other adjustment isn't going to simply change on its own because Lightroom doesn't have a mind of its own. I would suggest that you look at the history for the image and examine what the last step is to discover what might be happening in your editing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim!!

I'll definitely check the history panel (again) and see what I can find.

I'll also be sure to spend time searching the interwebs for answers, messing with settings, trying different imports to see if there is a common pattern, trying to actually 'undo' the last step on an image I see changing right before my eyes.

I'll do all of that before considering hopping into Adobe Support Community and seeing if anyone out there may have a knowledgable answer.

Wait a minute........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's reasonable to take simple steps to figure it out yourself before adding noise to an online forum.  That's pretty basic forum etiquette.  All the steps you list sarcastically are actually a great course of action.

And if you did take some or all of these steps to figure it out yourself but with no success, it's good etiquette to describe the steps you took in your post describing the problem.  That way helpful people like Jim don't have to waste time recommending you check your history panel when you already did, but didn't mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of video sample for you Jim,

First and second videos show the changes happening in the preview tray, the third it doesn't happen in.
The only thing the history panel provides is a 'paste setting' action that took place but it's not an action I'm doing. And I can't undo it.

Auto Change Example 1 

Auto Change NOT Happening 

Auto Change Example 2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good videos.  And "paste" in your history panel is the smoking gun.

Your images are not being changed as your scroll-- only the previews are.  Preview updates get behind when an adjustment is applied to a very large number of images at once-- it takes lightroom time to update all the thumbnails & previews, and it prioritizes the ones you're currently looking at in the filmstrip or grid view.  So as you scroll it's pausing the preview-update-queue and restarting on the images that are visible.

Sorry to say, it looks like at some point you had a large number of images selected and accidentally pasted some settings onto all of them.  Errant, accidental keystrokes are unfortunately a thing, as are forgetting how many & which images are selected.

Your best course of action is to try to keep using the Edit->Undo menu until you see an "Undo Paste Settings" or something similar to that.  If you've already closed lightroom and reopened it, unfortunately you'll need to go into each image and choose the history step right below "Paste" in order to reverse the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't intended as a sarcastic answer. If you took it as such, that is your problem. I was only pointing out and recommending that you refer to the history for the image. You hadn't indicated that you had done that. I don't know your skill level with Lightroom. It's necessary to start somewhere. If you don't want to establish a starting point then I guess it's your choice to assume sarcasm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't forget about this, thank you all for your input.

Sadly the issue is still happening. Yes, the paste action in the history panel is the 'smoking gun' but unfortunately there is no undo action to be had bc it isn't an actual action that has actively taken place.

Just now I finished edititng a set of images and then went to a different collection. I was able to copy a separate edit and as I went to past it into yet a third, and previously untouched collection, I got to watch them all change in front of my eyes. The paste action was in the history panel again but none of my Undo steps had a paste action in them.

Anywho, it's super frustrating but life goes on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you click on the step just before the Paste step, then accomplish any sort of edit, what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a sollution to this? I've been having the same issue, go back to look at some old edited/unedited photos and the white balance has shifted cooler by itself. When I reset the white balance on the unedited photos it changes back. Obviously frustrating when this happend with edited photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines