Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White box instead of transparent box in information overlay ..help

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I updated my mac to big sur and have now noticed that the information overlay is not transparent in develop mode. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have lightroom 6. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert your version of MacOS to an earlier version before Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported this for older versions of LR running on Mac OS 11:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-white-bar-appears-i... 

The only known workaround is to turn off the overlay by doing View > Loupe Info > Show Info Overlay (or use the keyboard shortcuts shown in the menu).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this too, as well as other issues since updating to Big Sur... I was able to get rid of the white box by removing the overlay, but am unable to crop photos.  I'm a very casual user, so the standalone is financially preferable for me, but it looks like this won't be possible going forward.  It is quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use ancient software, but update your OS to the latest version each time, then it's just a matter of time before your ancient software is no longer compatible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that software has a life expectancy, but as a casual user, I would rather pay, say $200 for a standalone that I don't have to upgrade for 4-5 years than be tied in to $120 every year, a price that is surely going to go up.  Basically, being tied into a contract is what I don't like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that software has a life expectancy, but as a casual user, I would rather pay, say $200 for a standalone that I don't have to upgrade for 4-5 years than be tied in to $120 every year, a price that is surely going to go up.  Basically, being tied into a contract is what I don't like.

By @Mary Anne0D4B

What you are describing, what you prefer, is not Lightroom Classic. You probably ought to consider moving to another photographic software package that meets your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I would rather pay, say $200 for a standalone that I don't have to upgrade for 4-5 years than be tied in to $120 every year"

LR 6.0 was released 4/2015, almost six years ago. The last bug-fix update to LR 6 was released 10/2107, over three years ago.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines