• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White ghost left behind after using Remove

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution to this? I've been getting it sporadically for years when I use the Stamp tool, or in the case of this photo the Remove tool. It leaves this white ghost of what it has removed. In this photo I'm editing a Nikon RAW file using Generative AI, but it does it with the Stamp & Healing tools as well.Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 11.48.46 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue if you have used a sky mask. The mask did not cover the object you removed later, so it now has a gap where the removed object used to be. The solution is easy: You need to update the mask (Lightroom shows this with a red dot underneath the masking icon). If possible, remove unwanted objects first, and then create the sky mask.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I thought that is what it might be. I deleted the Sky mask, all masks actually, reset and redid it, still have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not have to delete the sky masks! I said you need to update them, not delete them and recreate them. When you select them, there will be an update mask button. Using the 'Update all AI settings' menu will also do it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also updated them, did that first. When that didn't work I completely got rid of them. I teach LR, I'm a pretty advanced user. It did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative Remove creates pixels based on the underlying image, so you may have to use that before you do anything else if you make very strong edits.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's weird I just did the same thing and updating the mask fixed the ghost in the sky completely. Is your Lightroom fully up to date? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either reset the photo or create a virtual copy and reset ti (as in no edits, as in as imported). Hopefully with no presets etc. applied at import,  and try out the removal before accomplishing anything else. Does it misbehave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines