• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no [Alt] view of the sharpening mask with the Texture and Clarity sliders?

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard Detail / Sharpening and Presence / Dehaze sliders work with the [Alt] key to display the mask being applied.  I find this extremely helpful.  Why don't the Texture and Clarity controls also offer the quick mask view via the [Alt] key?  Is the scale too small to be viewable?  Is there a technical limitation or is this  something which can be added in a future update.  (I'm using LRC 11.5 in Windows)

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think that Texture & Clarity are 'Global' adjustments with results difficult to show as the [Alt] Sharpening mask. You might get some clues here-

TEXTURE EXPLAINED

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Texture and Clarity do not apply a mask, so the answer is probably that an Alt-view showing the image in B&W doesn't really give you a better view of what is going on than a normal view. In fact, it may even be worse and give you the wrong impression.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines