• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was Sorting removed from Library Toolbar?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic 13.1 (Mac), and for a few months now, I am no longer able to change the Grid view's sort from the toolbar. Adobe's "workspace basics" page still tell you to do this:

"To show controls in the toolbar, choose any of the following from the toolbar pop-up menu: ...Sorting".

But now the toolbar popup gives you nothing but a list of folder sources. You must go up to the menu bar, to View>Sort, etc--which takes several seconds, much longer than the old routine.

Popup shortcuts to a few recent folders is not bad, but the main thing I need to do quickly and often is change the sort order. Why would Adobe make this so much more difficult? Or am I missing some pref I could set?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

But now the toolbar popup gives you nothing but a list of folder sources. You must go up to the menu bar, to View>Sort, etc--which takes several seconds, much longer than the old routine.

Popup shortcuts to a few recent folders is not bad, but the main thing I need to do quickly and often is change the sort order. Why would Adobe make this so much more difficult? Or am I missing some pref I could set?

By @Wienke

It sounds like you might have the toolbar hidden, as the list of folder source

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have it turned off? 

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 10.31.56 AM.png

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not been removed by Adobe. It may have been removed by accident by the user. It's still there, click on the downward pointing triangle on the right edge of the toolbar.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 113137.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Wienke

It sounds like you might have the toolbar hidden, as the list of folder sources is not on the toolbar (it's on the "breadcrumbs bar" which is below the toolbar). If that's the case, press "T" to restore the toolbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines