• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to export pages as JPEGs from Book Module in LR4

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new LR4 Book module, is it possible to also provide a jpg/tiff option instead of just pdf? Quite a few book printing companies do not accept pdfs, and we will have to us their inhouse software.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012
This feature is in Lightroom 4.1 which was officially released today. Choose Help>Check for Updates... to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for including jpeg export to the Book module in Lr 4.1 RC2. It would also be convenient to export spreads as jpegs ... and of course custom page sizes ... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Butch said!!
1) Thank you for jpeg!
2) export spreads
3) custom pg sizes
4) add my own template and or from print mod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is in Lightroom 4.1 which was officially released today. Choose Help>Check for Updates... to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - but without free definition of page sizes this is pretty pointless !

Limited to those strange Blurb US sizes I cannot even define a decent format for full-frame display on an iPad... !

So they have not included custom page sizes into 4.1 final and the Book module remains unusable for me for another several months ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Has anyone actually tried the LR4.1 Book module 'Export Book to JPEG' output function? I just did and the images are softer than a same-sized export using LR 'File> Export' output without any sharpening.

It's apparent there is something radically wrong with the way the book pages are being rendered for JPEG output. I posted this in the LR forums to see if perhaps it was something with my configuration, but have had no replies as of this writing:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/46374...

Cheers,

TR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Has anyone actually tried the LR4.1 Book module 'Export Book to JPEG' output function?"

I played around with the book module in the public beta, the 30 day trial of the official 4.0 release, 4.1RC1, 4.1RC2 and the 30 day trial of the final release ... I never really scrutinized the output under close observation. As I recall, they didn't look bad, but am not sure if they would do well in the finished product. Without the ability to create document/page dimensions used by my vendors for printing, the whole effort was an exercise in futility.

At that point there was still no way to create custom page sizes ... I decided to pass on the Lr4 upgrade until there is a way to customize page sizes because the module is totally useless for my workflow until there is such a method ... (as well as other incomplete features I won't go into here) ... Six month later after Jeff T promised documentation, still nothing about custom page sizes.

Sounds like the lack export to jpeg sharpening from the book module is another reason to add to the list for taking a pass. Sad really because I thought if anyone could get a book module done right it would be Adobe ... but then I have been wrong before ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reported this issue as another problem with the LR4.1 Book module:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to MIT with Franklin Preiser? He would like to get in touch with you. I am his nephew. Please contact me at sondheim4reek@yahoo.com. Regards, David Pasteelnick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current form, Book module is useless.

Primarily because of lack of custom page sizes for JPEG/PDF books.

I could live with the fixed layouts, but the fixed pages sizes are a restriction, which makes the module utterly useless: online print shops use all kind of different paper sizes and mine doesn't offer ANY of the sizes Lightroom forces me to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can you provide more detail about the workflow?  What does it mean to "use" a photo "where"?

Votes

Translate

Translate