• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to move Adjustment Brush Pins

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2011 Apr 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One problem I have when not using a tripod is that the place where I have used an adjustment brush has moved a little bit in each successive picture. It would be nice to be able to click the pin and simply move that point of adjustment. You can do it with the graduated filter, why not the adjustment brush?

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
54 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently the functionality of dragging an Adjustment Brush pin allows you to dial up or dial down the various adjustments associated with that particular instance of the adjustment brush. That is very desirable functionality that would have to be redesigned in order to accommodate your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in a straight trade between moving and changing, which would you choose? I'd pick moving, Rikk, for sure. What about the Alt/Option modifier key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be the opposite. Trade something I use everyday for something I'd never considered or missed? Easy choice for me too.

Given that it is a vector mask that is created, the point of origin should be a reasonable manner to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm voting for this feature too, but don't break a useful working feature to do it. Alt/Option sounds like a reasonable way to go, or click a 'Move' icon on the panel to make it active might be more visible, and could possibly used with other tools at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current so-called "scrubby pin" functionality is something I use frequently. It does something you can't do any other way - adjusts all active sliders together in a way proportional to their starting values. Very convenient.

I'd be fine with moving that functionality to something like hold control while dragging on the pin if movement was implemented instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use the scrubby pins, but I would move pins all the time if I could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use the scrubby pins, so wouldn't miss that feature at all. In fact it often hurts me because if you click too close to a visible and active pin then it often changes the adjustement instead of brushing. That drives me crazy!

I would use a "move pin" feature all the time if it were available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It does something you can't do any other way - adjusts all active sliders together in a way proportional to their starting values."

You can do this another way... If you click on the triangle to the far right of the "Effect" selection then it will collapse the adjustment group and you can modify the Effect as a whole, which is exactly the same as scrubbing a pin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move over scrubby pin would seem preferable for my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2011 Jun 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would LOVE the ability to move an Adjustment Brush target in Lightroom! That way, in a series of nearly-similar images, I can paint in the adjustment on the first one, copy it to the others then go to the following individual images and move that adjustment point. This would be a fantastic time saver . . . hold cmd/ctrl and then drag that point and its mask right into place without having to re-paint an entire adjustment. We can do it w/ a Graduated Filter, would it be that hard to do w/ the Adjustment Brush settings? It seems like a no-brainer! Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2011 Jun 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue could be with auto masking??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly support this request. Highly annoying and time consuming to have to redraw adjustment brush zones, when it would take a second to just move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. This would be very helpful especially when applying a brush zone to another photo with similar content but slightly different perspective or placement (e.g. a flower blossom that is on the right hand side on one photo and centered on the other).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom - make brush tool point in picture movable, cuz we must re-paint same things again and again in other picture, witch are almost the same as picture before (studio picture). Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said just allow us to move the pins by holding a modifier, ALT, CONTROL or SHIFT + Drag.

Not being able to move complex brush shapes, and having to redraw them every time is a PITA

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would love to see this so I can move one adjustment out of the way to place another behind it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the others, I would use this feature ALL THE TIME. Can't tell you how many times I've needed to just move it over a bit from frame to frame on a sequence of shots.

OR... at least make the "Copy Settings" independent of the actual location of the pin. Then we could create a Preset for the brush settings & put it WHERE we want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also much prefer to have this functionality. Is this anywhere on the horizon Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've made up some explaining screenshots on obvious examples. I have never used that implemented "dragging" functionality - Funny idea but honestly it never served me before.
BUT alternatively really dragging adjustment brushes would be AWESOME - I repaint these fiddly adjustments almost on a daily basis and always am annoyed that shape would fit but cannot move, so have to redo...

Adobe - what do you think? Wouldn't it be great and intuitive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So thumbs up for adding real dragging(moving) and not only "readjusting" adjustment pins.

I'd even go further and say that actually implemented readjustment should be the hidden behind a modification key - while dragging should be served at first place.

What do you think about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would a new 'move'-item in the new (5.2) right click context menu fulfill your request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little intuitive but would pretty much fullfill the biggest part of the request I think.
Some more intuitive behaviour would be welcome though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes (e.g. when copying/pasting local adjustments from one picture to another) it's necessary to move a local adjustment in a picture. But grabbing the pin and mouving the mouse just changes the intensity of the adjustment and doesn't move the selected area.
Please add the possibility to move a local adjustment (e.g. by adding a new item "move" to the new Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush context menu.)
=> by this new item you would address this issue http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is under consideration for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessir. Thank you so much for listening to our common voice and giving the ability to improve the tools we all love.

Keep up 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate