• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Remember last image selected in each folder

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, please "remember" the currently select images in each folder as I move back and forth. This would be such a time saver!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, but the link puts me right back to my question today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, in my Chrome browser it takes me to this previous post:

"...You might check out my Any Source plugin.  It provides 'back' and 'forward' commands that keep a history of previous sources, selections, and filter settings, so you can easily switch back and forth between them."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the posts above, users have been asking for this seemingly-simple feature for 8 years now, so it seems unlikely that Adobe will ever implement it. I suppose that this is one consequence of subscription-model lock-in where the product revenue stream is largely decoupled from customer service---at least until a viable competitor emerges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I suppose that this is one consequence of subscription-model lock-in where the product revenue stream is largely decoupled from customer service---at least until a viable competitor emerges."

I think it's the lack of viable competitors that's key. If there were a viable competitor that also had subscription pricing, many customers would still switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, with a non-subscription model, I suspect a large chunk of the user base would decline to upgrade unless they got useful features. That would put pressure on Adobe. As it is, we effectively pay the upgrade fee every year or so whether they deliver features or not. This is particularly convenient for Adobe now that Lightroom is a fairly mature product. In the early years there were truly exciting and useful features with every release (even "point" releases). Not so much now. This situation will probably worsen as the shift to smartphones and the cloud continues. Lightroom Classic will probably become dormant in a few years (but not to our bank accounts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that subscription licensing reduces the incentive for Adobe to improve LR Classic, as compared to perpetual licensing. But if there were serious competitors, even with subscription licensing, Adobe couldn't afford to sit on its haunches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I agree that both factors play a role. Didn't mean to imply otherwise. Note that unlike other products (e.g. insulin), demand for Lightroom is somewhat elastic. Monopoly status doesn't mean that people will have to buy your product, particularly once they have an old version that works quite well. Adobe probably couldn't survive in a mode where people only buy the product once (as with, say, a gravesite!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what its worth....What I want is to return to the last image selected in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a collection to open it, it always starts by displaying the first image in the collection.

I would prefer that it open with the last image selcted (or at least have a setting to choose that).

My reason is that I often jump back and forth between collections for various reasons and many of my collections have thousands of photos in them. 

So if I am looking at photo #2000 in Collection #1, then click on Collection #2 to do something, then go back to Collection #1, I now have to scroll through 2000 photos to get back to where I was working.  I wish that it just went back to where I had left off at photo #2000 (or, like I said, had a setting option for this).

Using Lightroom Classic 12.5 on MacOS Ventura 13.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"if I am looking at photo #2000 in Collection #1, then click on Collection #2 to do something, then go back to Collection #1, I now have to scroll through 2000 photos to get back to where I was working."

While waiting for Adobe to implement this, consider the Any Source plugin:

"Back to Previous Source/Filter/Selection: Restores the previously used source, filter settings, and selection of photos. Any Source keeps a queue of the 25 most recent combinations, and the Back and Forward commands work similar to a Web browser’s back and forward buttons. If you use the Library Filter Bar frequently, you’ll find this particularly handy, since Lightroom’s built-in Go Back button just remembers previous sources, not the corresponding filter settings or selections."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate