Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add Keyword pane to Map Module

Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom: Please add Keyword pane to the right sidebar of the Map Module.

Location and keywords are often related. It would be nice to enter keywords and locations without switching modules.

And indeed it would be great to use multi selected images by location to add a certain keyword

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll vote for this one. I'm constantly going back and forth betwee the Library and Map Modules to deal with keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd vote for Map to become a view in Library instead of its own module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea.

In the mean time, Gazoo supports adding keywords without leaving map module. PS - It also supports adding keywords to multiple selected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is ancient, but Gazoo doesn't appear to be available anymore and I'm struggling to find any alternative so I added an upvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Rob Cole's plugins are no longer available (and he hasn't been heard from since January -- we hope he's alright.) Meanwhile, you could try the Any Tag plugin -- it's optimized for very fast keyboard entry of keywords, so it's not for everyone, but it does work in all modules, including the Map and Develop modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five years and no response... Me too -- how can you add data about georeferencing without using keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just for those who are reading (or newly stumbling across this), another work-around is to stay in the Library Module and use Jeffrey Friedl's Geoencoding plugin to georeference from Google Earth. This works well if you have 2 screens (or a large screen) and can have Google Earth and Lightroom side-by-side. Then you can use Lightroom's keywording shortcuts.

FWIW, it is straightforward on Macintosh to assign a keystroke to the menu item "Geoencode selected photos from Google Earth"--if you know to add 3 spaces at the beginning of the string in the Keyboard System Preferences Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate