• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Provide a large preset preview when you hover over a preset

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have numerous presets. It is a hassle to not be able to see the image options in the main viewing window but just the minature navigator window which is not realistic to use to see possible outcomes. If we could hoover our mouse over the preset and see them as we go on, it would increase productivity (ctrl z, preset, cnrll z), and be easy on our capacity for production.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018
Large preset preview IS in today's Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
60 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to have an option to switch the navigator view and main view in the Develop module in LR. I realize this is process heavy, but as I try to view different presets for the best image result the navigator thumbnail is sometimes not enough and a larger view would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I released a new version of Any Preset that works around LR's GPU bug (which also caused the wrong previews on second displays).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this would be really convenient. I used to use Aperture and I'm pretty sure I was able to do the large viewer preset preview in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works great ! Thanks for fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When hovering over presets, the navigation panel just doesnt get it.   Why not show the preview on the actual image without applying?   Would be a smart move on Adobes part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, lots of comments on preview for presets.   I guess Adobe isnt listening to us!!!!!   Adobe LISTEN to your customers!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be great if, while scrolling down the presets and seeing their result in the Navigator window, that you could Ctrl-click to select the previews you like, then view the the selected previews in a grid with sizable thumbnails.  Then maybe be able to X (remove) preview images from the grid so that you can choose the one's you'd like to apply by process of elimination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to tell anything about subtle differences with the little preview, and I agree that being able to select and preview more than one in a grid would also be helpful. Previewing and making decisions about looks is such an important part of image editing, I'm a little surprised LR hasn't come up with something to make it easier. Topaz and On One, after all, have done quite a bit in that direction. It's one of the main reasons I usually apply presets in the plugins, not LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This request is now six years old. It's unfortunate a functionality for viewing larger previews of presets isn't implemented by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. We will consider.

Thanks,
Ganesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Ganesh, I appreciate your efforts in this.
Best,
Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!!! Thank you very much Ganesh! I wish it comes true!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is this request now six years old, it appears that this feature exists in the new Lightroom CC. Unfortunately, CC is at the moment too basic for use as a full editor (no brushes, for example).  If you can roll over a preset in CC and preview the impact, surely it could be easy to implemented in what is now known as Lightroom Classic (for desktop). And clearly Adobe has seen the value in doing this, or it would not be in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, didn't know the feature is implemented in the basic editor!
Would be nice if there's a bit more feedback from Adobe about this. All over forums people are requesting this feature for six years. Capture One has this feature already I just saw on Youtube.  Hovering over the preset (styles as they call it), and voila, large preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has had a habit of testing features in the consumer software before incorporating it in the pro software — PS Elements appears to have been a testing ground for features later brought into PS, often improved for the pro crowd. So if they have it now in LR CC, maybe there's hope they will soon have it in LR Classic once they've worked out any kinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one very annoying kink. The presets panel in the new CC is narrow, which doesn't allow display of the full preset name. I don't see any way to adjust the panel size or type size. So you can roll over each preset, with the effects shown on the full image, but you don't know the name of the preset. Because individual presets in the same family tend to start with the same words you see something like "A Winter'sTale Alll in one... without the important part, which comes after the dots. This also makes it difficult to choose an individual preset.  In Lightroom Classic the panel size is adjustable and the type smaller, so seeing the full name isn't a problem. There is a way to rename individual presets in CC, but it would take forever to do a long list of presents. An easy fix would be to have resizable panels in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This feature should be present in today's Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 version. Please update your application and let us know what you think!

Sorry about that - see below.

Thanks,
Melissa
Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa, 

In LR 7.2, I don't see the Develop loupe view changing when I hover over presets, just the small Navigator thumbnail.  See this screen recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsjz2dke6bfokk4/preset-hover.2018.02.13.mov?dl=0 .  Am I misunderstanding something?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I'm sorry about that. I've jumped the gun here and unfortunately, this feature is not implemented. I've changed the status to reflect the correct status.

Thanks for catching this,
Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I'm sorry about that. I've jumped the gun here and unfortunately, this feature is not implemented. I've changed the status to reflect the correct status.

Thanks for catching this,
Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? Large preset preview is still not implemented in latest April update? For over six years this request is being ignored... 😞 And there also isn't given an estimation when this feature would be implemented in the future... Poor support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Large preset preview IS in today's Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic? Really? I'm not talking about the web version.
My sincere apologies then, for jumping to conclusions too quick! I didn't install the update yet, but I read through the release notes and some reviews, and couldn't find any mentioning of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just installing it right now, let me see! oo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's in. I forgot it in my release notes!

Votes

Translate

Translate