• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to customize Crop overlay grid line color and width

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2011 Apr 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR3 needs to incorporate in the crop overlay grid lines the ability to change color and width of the lines.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2011 Dec 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It rather pathetic that lesser editors have an option to change the gridline overlay colors. Gray lines on light subjects, like buildings, simply disappear. Forums show the request has been gong on for 4 years. sheez louise

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE when can we expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to be able to create my custom grid overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And we are still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no progress on this. It seems it would be a simple fix. Since I can't see what it was like in Lightroom CC before I upgraded to Classic CC it may not have changed but it seems like the lines were white before but they are a gray color now. On most backgrounds I've been cropping on they virtually disappear. Being able to choose between black and white would be wonderful. If gray was added I guess that would be OK, but it's almost unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be me, but it seems the grid lines are dimmer or thinner or both with the latest release. It would be nice if ANY overlay lines were adjustable for thickness and color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 7 introduced a bug where the brightness of the grid lines varies depending on whether the graphics processor is enabled or not. If this is happening to you, please add your me-too vote and details of your issue to the bug report: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-crop-overlay?topic-reply-li...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop overlays are too difficult to see. The lines are way too thin and very light Why not at least provide options to make the crop overlay lines bolder/wider and possibly different colors, as light gray does not always work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to change the opacity /color of  the crop overlay in Lightroom to make it more visible against various images

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different colours would really save me time (and eye strain)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different colours would be very helpful. Hadn’t thought of changing the opacity - but that would make a big difference too

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different colours would be very helpful. Hadn’t thought of changing the opacity - but that would make a big difference too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting... Adobe, come on, it's such a simple thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of problematic cause’s perpendicular lines to seem tilted and is often produced by the camera gunfire from age by revolving on the Y-axis. This viewpoints the image after side to lateral and resolves the glitches produced by gunfire at an angle in relative to the topic. https://solidfittingsltd.com/product-category/hydraulic-adapter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this is so difficult for Adobe.  I can do it in Photoshop for goodness sake.  LR is supposed to be an application for professional photographers.  I spend hours a week cropping photos of artworks, and this lack makes my task so much more difficult.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'll thow in my 2c here -- would be great to have configurable grids. I like being able to switch them, but it would be nice, for example, to have a "rule of thirds" that could add smaller subdivisions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate