• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sync Smart Collections with Ecosystem Clients

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collection synching / Lightroom Mobile is a great addition to Lightroom 5.4. Please extend this functionality to Smart Collections as well.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

While you are waiting for Adobe to implement that suggestion, you could have a look at this plug-in from Jeffrey Friedl: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smart-collection-sync

As Jeffrey himself admits, it's a bit kludgy....but it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 342 Replies 342
342 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please add the ability to sync smart collections to LR Mobile in Lightroom CC Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make a way to sync smart collections between devices. Even Apple has a robust way to sync smart albums (or smart playlists in iTuns for that matter). It's the only feature holding me back from taking an iPad with me while traveling instead of my heavy Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't read the complete thread but if you aren't aware a smart collection is really a Filter that does not change and can't be turned off unless it is deleted. It really isn't a collection in the same way as normal collections.
So IMHO this will never happen. You can use a smart collection to Filter your catalog and then copy those filtered images into a standard collection and sync that with the mobile/web system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by far my biggest issue with Adobe as a company. Publish a roadmap and if a feature doesn't make it while on the roadmap, explain why. Some people suggest Adobe can't because they're public traded but that is just not true. Many publicly traded companies publish roadmaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon Tom let's get this added!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hit a big foul ball on this one.  It's is like a telephone that doesn't let you dial the last digit - so close but without it, the whole thing is just plain useless.  Like Randy, I'm also paying for SmugMug to get a solution that should be Adobe > Adobe. 

C'mon guys, let's get this sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't happen. Adobe has said the Lightroom Classic won't get any new sync features, and if you had read the whole thread, you would have understood that it's not that easy at all either. Smart albums may some day be introduced, of course, but they won't sync with smart collections in Lr Classic.

Maybe this is a solution: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smart-collection-sync
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two plugins sync LR Classic smart collections with LR CC: Any Source and Smart-Collection Sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why wouldn't it happen?"

According to Victoria Bampton (Lightroom Queen), who is well-connected with Adobe, Adobe has decided that "no new cloud features will be added to Lightroom Classic". 

This topic is indeed the single most popular of all the feature requests here.  As the two previously mentioned plugins demonstrate, it's not hard to provide syncing of smart collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My list is short:
Smart Collections!
What would you like to see in 2019?
Monty

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having Smart Collections in LR CC is a huge step backwards. How on Earth did Adobe decide this functionality was not worthy of inclusion from day one of CC? Please ge this fixed as a priority!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me it would be a great advantage to have a synchronization since most of my collection are "smart" due to locations, dates, tags, ...
and why can a company like Adobe not solve what a plugin can?
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, So this is what I do to get the most of the Sync capabilities of Lightroom and it works pretty well. Hope you like it.

I usually use this to select my favorites on the go and not have to be on my working station for so long.

1. I download all my raw files in my main device (iMac) with Lightroom Classic.

2. Create a smart collection that matches: Flagged and from a specific folder (My import file folder)

3. Create a cc Sync collection with all my photos from the project I am working on

-- At this point, I have all my photos in my cc devises as my iPhone and iPad

4. While in my bed, waiting rooms or wherever I have to wait, I pull out my phone or iPad and start flagging my favorites.

5. In the mobile devices, I filter by flagged and I can see my picks.

6. When I get home, I have my smart folder ready with only my selected photos to start working on.

7. If I have done any editing, it will be there too.

8. Export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart collections are far more useful than regular ones. I agree this should have been on Lr CC from day one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. What kind of lazy ass reason do they have for not making smart collections syncable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes plaece syncing Smart Collections would be a usefull possibillity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up! Adobe, this is the most requested feature and it’s not even « under consideration ». 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to sync not only collections but smart collections or just a bunch of marked pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not resolved? Is anyone at Adobe reading this? It seems not that complicated to fix and would be very useful functionality to the Lightroom ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree.  Wrong or right, my photos are separated by smart collections in my catalog.  Thus it would be very beneficial to sync smart collections. Why doesn't adobe Lightroom include this feature?  The lack of smart collections not syncing is very frustrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow three years ago this topic and it's not resolve yet! We need smart collections. I think a work around would be that all images  that are sync stay for some time  in the (all sync images) even if you change the condition that made that particular image to be in a smartcollection. So if you are working on the mobile version and un unpick the flag, the fotos is not any more in the smart collection, but this is not directly inked to the sync. then in the configuration one could choose for how long keep sync images that are not in a specific collection(orphan fotos lets say) these would exist only in a global all sync photos, but not inside any smart or normal synced collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just thought:

Hey I can have a smart collection to view all the new photos from a photo shoot on a tablet as they come in (LR Classic gets live jpgs via WiFi ).

And now its a "no, its not going to work" 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a big bummer. I am just digging in deep with LRC and loving it but I need to ulpad smart collections to the cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sooner this feature is available the better

Votes

Translate

Translate