• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sync Smart Collections with Ecosystem Clients

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collection synching / Lightroom Mobile is a great addition to Lightroom 5.4. Please extend this functionality to Smart Collections as well.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

While you are waiting for Adobe to implement that suggestion, you could have a look at this plug-in from Jeffrey Friedl: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/smart-collection-sync

As Jeffrey himself admits, it's a bit kludgy....but it does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 342 Replies 342
342 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart collection sync would shorten the workflow for me! Just rate my new imports and they'll be on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Tom, I think you got enough replies. I just enabled mobile and ONLY have smart collections so am having to make some dumb ones to try this out. My .02, if the filter criteria is changed from the mobile app then Undo should be available for 7 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurred to me that if you were concerned about images becoming unavailable because they unflagged it then it would be a simple enough thing to have another smart collection which had unflagged photos in it. Yes you'd need to plan ahead and set up the smart collections and have them synched, bit but it might be a way to get round some of these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally had the time to update Lightroom today, and install Lightroom mobile, only to discover that it is not possible to sync Smart Collections.

If Smart Collections can't be synced then the update is of no use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh...just installed LR Mobile....wondered why I wasn't able to synch any of my collections....all of them are "Smart" so that would be why!

Would definitely like to see this implemented as soon as possible please. Great "first pass" at LR on the iPad....can't wait to see how you guys make it grow. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really is a critical limitation to LR mobile. Like many of the folks above, I do not manually manage my collections, instead relying on keywords, star ratings, colors, and flags to categorize and rank.

I won't really find much use in LR mobile until we can sync Smart Collections. Having an "undo" option in case you accidentally "un-pick" something would be great, but I would consider that a bonus. Thank you, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent the last hour trying to get a Smart Collection to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consistent with the comments of others, virtually all of my Collections are Smart Collections. I vote for Adobe giving the highest priority to enabling synchronization of Smart Collections to LR Mobile. It is otherwise all but useless to me, and this is not an exaggeration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obvious it need to sync and if you change a flag in the mobile it needs to change also in LR, but in respect of the non destrutive nature of LR I suggest to create a virtual copy of the original smart collection. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime in and say that all my collections are smart collections as well. For me it makes sense that when a pick flag or whatever is changed, causing the picture to no longer be a part of the collection, undo will be available for as long as the application is running, whenever the undo stack is full or what else triggers changes in the undo functionality. I haven't yet tried the iPad version yet, so I apologize for not knowing how other things regarding undo is implemented there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need this feature... its a real must!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I cannot wait until the option for syncing smart collections is adding.

How about instead of trying to undo or review just have option of turning off certain mobile features based on collections or all collections. For example turning off the option to change flags or rating on a collection. I personally don't use the flag option on mobile as I do all that work on my PC, however I find I occasionally change the flag myself or showing someone photos on my mobile device they change the flags by accident too when flicking through photos.

Just an idea.

This would add so much value on the mobile app

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add smart collections, and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about instead of trying to undo or review just have option of turning off certain mobile features based on collections or all collections. For example turning off the option to change flags or rating on a collection. I personally don't use the flag option on mobile as I do all that work on my PC, however I find I occasionally change the flag myself or showing someone photos on my mobile device they change the flags by accident too when flicking through photos.

Just an idea.

This would add so much value on the mobile app

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature should absolutely be Adobe's TOP priority for the lightroom mobile app, followed closely by background syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think 30 mins is more than enough time to realize your mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lock flagging option for a collection would be nice regardless just to prevent accidental flagging when thumbing through picks or letting a client browse

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add syncing to Smart Collections....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree - I usually just use folder views, but when I do create collections, I usually use smart collections on keywords. So I am going to have to change the way I use LR on the desktop in order to get anything synced onto the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote from me for smart collection syncing please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too for Smart Collection Sync please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see this feature added. Also I think it would be great if lightroom added the option in Tether Mode as well as in Importing to add images to a collection during importing or as they are captured while tethered. This way as the images are being added to the collection they are also be synced with the lightroom mobile app, this would be amazingly helpful when shooting in the studio allowing someone holding the iPad to view the images as they are being shot and they can like, or reject images right then and there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see where that might be an issue with smart collections, I was wondering how about the option to have images put into collections as they are being imported or tethered to a computer that way they can be views on LR mobile on the iPad by a client or photo assist as you are shooting in the studio, this way, especially in the case of a client, they can like and reject images right then and there without having to walk all the way over to the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. Static collections are just that, static and dumb. With smart collection syncing we would get dynamic and automatic updating of the syncing. Same as for the publish services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No use to me. Took trial but will only buy if smart collections are supported.

One more thing. Would be great if you could export all smart collections at once as a back up. I mean just the settings and not the pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate