• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: AI Culling

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a wedding photographer our utmost need is AI Culling ( selection of content with a given criteria ) after storage & proper correction Because it will take most of the time of us to share best images to cliant So Just for culling we have to move towards other application rest all can be manage by lightroom so i thing they should add this feature as soon as possible to help wedding photographers need thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
33 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo Mechanic is a good tool for selection, but it is stuck in 2010 in every sense, starting from its old design to the fact that AI can do this job just as well as a human with large volumes of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re Photo Mechanic, there is no difference in culling in LrC (with previews built) and Photo Mechanic nowadays

It's even faster if you just use embedded previews on import and disable the automatic replacement of embedded previews during idle time. No need for other culling programs anymore. Previews are immediately there and stepping through images is immediate in Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see this being kept alive.

Whilst I have nohing against Photo Machenic (never used it). It still is a third party software. I like many others would like to keep it all in Adobe, whether it's light room or Photoshop.

Someone mention on the previous page, that Adobe most likely will not implement new features into Lightroom classic. This may be the case, and I can except that. But, I do think that Adobe could implement it to stay current.

Ask yourself this, if Capture One implements Ai culling into there software and Adobe doesn't would you switch?

Again. I, as a wedding photographer, would like everything to be in one place, no switching back and forth between programs.

Adobe, if you're reading this. Com'n, make it happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One advantage for me is that on a wildlife shoot with 3000-4000 images culled down to just a few hundred in Photo Mechanic means those images never get into LrC and thus preview do not have to be created. And, those images culled in Photo Mechanic will never have to be deleted in LrC. All in all a great time saving.

My experience is that clicking through images in the LrC Library Module is far slower than Photo Mechanic. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe the statement that "Adobe most likely not implement new features". Anyone who has used LRC for years has seen a steady incorporation of minor and major new features and improvements. And they come here and listen to users to help them decide what changes are needed and would be popular among users. Any improvement in the culling process would be a win as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone who,agrees should go to the OP and UPVOTE!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a photographer with mountains of photographs which I will never have enough time to sort through myself, categorising the images, getting rid of duplicates, deleting badly composed photos etc. I think we need an AI based Adobe product that will sort through files, pick the best composed photos, reject blurry ones etc. There are a few online tools that can already do that, I would like this to be integrated into Lightroom so I don't have to upload my whole library to an entirely new program. I am really looking forward to this being built into Lightroom, it will save people countless hours of really, really boring work. I reckon it would be an awesome feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, adobe needs to bring in this feature fast. And also AI profile based editing to match a photographers style. 

There are many companies like Imagen AI, Aftershoot etc which are offering automatic culling and editing features. This ideally is not that difficult given the level of machine learning today. It is beyond me, why Adobe is not offering this feature in-built. Adobe should take not of this and do this asap. With its vast resources this should be a no brainer. Why should we need to pay separately for additional products for this basic AI automation. Adobe needs to start innovating faster. Here is how the feature needs to be built. 

- Photographers should share catalogues of 5000 to 10000 images to create a editing profile. 
- A photographer should be allowed to create multiple profiles for eg. Day Christian Wedding, Night Christian wedding, Outdoor North indian Hindu wedding, Indoor Noth Indian Hindu wedding, etc. 
- This feature can be called AI presets. 
- Allow AI presets for local adjustments too and not just global adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate