Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Another line of data/metadata for each thumbnail in library view

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC 10.4 Mac 11.5.2

I would LOVE to be able to add a third line of metadata to each thumbnail, so I could see the file size in KB/MB. Now, I come from Bridge, and I'm SUPER new to LRC (because Bridge doesn't run natively on my Mac Mini M1, Lightroom does, and M1 has been out for a year), and there may be a good reason for this, but if you can see the dimensions, maybe you can tell the file size. I can usually tell if the dimensions indicate an image that's big enough, but that's too much thinking. LOL

As a graphic designer and web designer (and photographer, somewhat), the image file size I need for a brochure is going to be exponentially higher than for an image going onto a website. To be able to quickly reference the file size would be invaluable.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you can change what's displayed with the thumbnails yourself (View - View Options). Use 'Expanded cells' to see more info and select what info you want to see. Secondly, it's not the file size you should be interested in (the file size of a jpeg image depends mainly on how well the image could be compressed, for example) but the image size (in pixels). That is what counts for brochures and for the web.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been a graphic designer for nearly 50 years. Long before desktop publishing and Photoshop/Lightroom. I know what information I want and need.  I want dimensions, but I also want file size. I did change the information displayed with the thumbnail. That's why I want a third line of information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate