• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed that LRCC for Desktop doesn't support Comments and Likes, but they should still be visible in the LRCC web app when browsing through the images with the Activity panel open. LRCC for iOS is probably the best app to use, as one of the info overlays (two-finger tap in grid view) will display Comments and Likes icons on the thumbnails, and the individual comments can be viewed using the Activity loupe view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to add the filter by "heart" status.
When you share a collection another user can put a like using the "heart" icon.

Now it seems not possible to filter only by "heart" (not by comment) so I suggest an easy way to have a selection of the "hearted" photos: introduce a filter by "heart" satus: Pressed or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter by heart status (in Albums, All Photos... everywhere!) would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you know who made the comment if they didn't have an adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other services let people like and comment without being logged in -- they typically ask for a name and/or email address. I use that with Zenfolio and works fine for my needs -- my commenters enter their first name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently sent the web gallery from one of my lightroom albums directly to a client (around 500 photos). The client then marked the photos which they wanted to see edited as favorite (via the small heart button in the corner). Back in Lightroom I saw which photos had a comment or were marked favorite (genius!), but there was no way to filter those images. So I had to go through all 500 pictures, looking for the ones that got a comment and hope i did not miss one.

I am sure this would be super easy to implement because it is only really a sort function, and it would complement this great feature of easy album sharing and make it more interesting for businesses who need to save time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Any Comment plugin for the ability to filter and search by comments and likes (favorites), across all publishing services (not just LR CC) and across multiple collections.  Unfortunately, it's not nearly as convenient as having that functionality built-in to LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you make a product that allows clients to favorite photos but doesn't allow the photographer to filter by favourite?

Image in you have 2,000 photos from a 5 day, 200 person event, and your client used the favorite feature to pick their faves but now you can't filter by faves?

Yeah... thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised we even need to be asking for this!!!

The best workaround I have is to sort by most recent comments, which you can do and this at least gets them next to each other including the 'hearted' ones.  Then I add a colour attribute to the image which you can then filter by.

But this feature has so much potential, c'mon Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip,
Thank you so much for your reply. Really. I just poked around LR desktop (mac) and web and cannot find any way to even filter by comments.
Are you sure such a feature exists? If so, where?
Much thanks,
- Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander!
Nope you can't filter by comment. But you can 'sort' by comment.
If you sort by 'last comment time' they will all be next to each other, then you can easily select them all and assign a colour label which you can then sort by. For example I use yellow for all photos that have a comment or like. I've attached an image too. One thing worth noting is that if you remove them from the collection they lose thier comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But you can 'sort' by comment."

Note that you can only sort by Last Comment Time if you have exactly one synced collection selected.  If you select more than one synced collection, or non-synced collections or folders, then bizarrely, LR won't show Last Comment Time as an option.

If you only have a couple of synced collections, then sorting by Last Comment Time is a reasonable workaround. But if you have lots of synced collections and lots of likes/favorites and comments, you might consider the Any Comment plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my workflow as well. This needs to be done. Fast. I'm paying every month, and been paying for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Why allowing clients to favorite photos when there's no way to filter just those photos? Adobe takes our money but does nothing to put those resources to good use. This is bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's adding to the annoyance of this bad, bad, BAD user experience is that you have to wait FIVE seconds for the yellow "new" comment added highlight to dismiss. So when you go through dozens and hundreds and thousands of liked photos just to get them marked as not-new it takes tens to hours of extra time and fking makes you mad.

Adobe likes to brag about their quarterly profits but I'd like them listening to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activity & RAWS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost 1.5 years later and still apparently no syncing workflow from Lightroom CC for Comments and Likes?? It seems that Adobe does not want to do this. What is the utility? Do your really expect us to buy tons of storage, keep all our raws in the cloud and only do our edits through lightroom.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can sort images by “Last Comment Time” on Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE PLEASE DO SOMETHING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution forces me to create the album on my desktop. If I create the album in mobile, that album does not sync back to Classic. "Why Not?" is another ridiculous mystery. It's like using two completely different programs sometimes. They do not work well together, and I'm betting Adobe has no plans to keep developing Classica much longer.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution forces me to create the album on my desktop. If I create the album in mobile, that album does not sync back to Classic. "Why Not?" is another ridiculous mystery. It's like using two completely different programs sometimes. They do not work well together, and I'm betting Adobe has no plans to keep developing Classica much longer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the same. It's very dull and mind numbing, but seems to be the only way at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really wish this feature would be implemented soon. I'm a big fan of Lightroom but at the moment the proofing process with my clients is painful and looks quite amateur. 

In my current use of Lightroom it's the only feature I sincerely regret is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Any Comment plugin makes comments and likes searchable within LR. It's not nearly as convenient as if the feature were built-in, but it's much better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate