• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Better visual feedback needed for newer features requiring processing time

Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that things can take a while like lens blur and generative fill but these features desperately need some visual feedback that they are "working" on things. Little spinning ball something. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than that they need to decouple the interface from the background operation. I was trying a number operations, new and old and the lag on the interface was so bad I would wind up queuing multiple operations because it didn't look like it was taking the mouse press, (as is frequently the case with masking operations where it simply does not take the first mouse click and you have to click again before the brush starts to work). Made it simply unusable because I couldn't tell if it was done or hanging, so it needs not just a spinning ball, but some indication that the command queue is empty so you can tell the difference between 'hung' and 'done. Also again the back end and the interface should not be tied together, I should be able to keep working on the mask and in the background it keeps trying to update.  Honestly I think LR is begining to enter a feature death spiral, they are adding new things on top of a bad base layer and it just makes the bad stuff worse, I think there must be stuff that they have deems "too much work to fix" or they have so perfectly internalize the "correct" order of operations and methods of workflow, in a pristine instal environment that they do not actually grasp how poorly LR runs. 

There's a software engineering joke about a guy who comes to work at a company filled a million bug reports fixes all the critical bugs and then quits, because he wasn't actually looking for work, he was a user of the software and only took the job so he could fix all the bugs that he had put up with for years.  I need to cut like 9 and 1/2 pages out of my CV so I can trick them into hiring me as a "summer intern", it's the only option I see for fixing things 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate