• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Change Crop Tool kbsc from "R" to "C"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please change the 'C' shortcut to crop already?!? i just tried cloud-based LR, and even C is for crop on there. not R. how dumb. it messes me up on every other program i use -- captureone specifically. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

While waiting for Adobe to implement this, you could use the Any Shortcut plugin to remove C from Go To Compare View and assign it to Go To Crop Tool:

johnrellis_0-1704761530357.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just this, but the whole ACR keyboard shortcut differences drive me nuts. When I'm opening a raw file in PS, many of the shortcuts are different from Lr. It's jarring. 

[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. At this point, I think it's unlikely Adobe would change the default shortcuts, since they've been hardwired into so many users fingers for so long. The best we could hope for is a supported, reliable method for changing all shortcuts. (The mechanism the Any Shortcut plugin uses doesn't allow many shortcuts to be changed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is any hope, after many years Adobe Bridge finally added a keyboard shortcuts customizer recently, and it’s the very nice and flexible shortcut editor from the Adobe video/audio apps, not the limited shortcut editor in the Adobe graphics apps like Photoshop.

I hope that is a sign that more Adobe apps will add the powerful keyboard shortcut editor from the Adobe video apps, and I would be pleased if Lightroom Classic was one of the next apps that gets it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I hope that is a sign that more Adobe apps will add the powerful keyboard shortcut editor from the Adobe video apps, and I would be pleased if Lightroom Classic was one of the next apps that gets it."

Me too -- I'd be very happy to retire Any Shortcut 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate