• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Display in Metadata the GUID/UUID for a shared image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an idea / wish for Lightroom. (latest Classic Version for MacOS)
I think that this is something that many people want or are looking for and it would be helpful to display the UUID number in Lightroom under metadata.
Searching / filtering by UUID number would also be very handy.
(Lightroom's internal unique identifier for the photo).
It would be nice if this could also be included in the file name when exporting.
With kind regards Peter

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

That would be helpful.  I have used "Jeffrey's Bag-o-Goodies Plugin: Write Data Field" to write the UUID to a metadata field such as "Job Identifier".  Then I can use the "jb List View" plugin to export a CSV file of metadata (including the Job Identifier column) that I want to bulk update in Excel using formulas (eg. creating custom titles and/or captions based on other metadata), and re-import into Lightroom using the "LR/Transporter: Import Metadata" plugin.  The only way I could ensure that

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be helpful.  I have used "Jeffrey's Bag-o-Goodies Plugin: Write Data Field" to write the UUID to a metadata field such as "Job Identifier".  Then I can use the "jb List View" plugin to export a CSV file of metadata (including the Job Identifier column) that I want to bulk update in Excel using formulas (eg. creating custom titles and/or captions based on other metadata), and re-import into Lightroom using the "LR/Transporter: Import Metadata" plugin.  The only way I could ensure that each row in the CSV export was uniquely tied to an image or virtual copy in Lightroom with a single field (for re-import) was to use the UUID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
thank you very much, that helps me a lot!
I will install the plugin right away.
Kind regards Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate