• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export image with masking as a Clipping Path

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the awesome quick image enhancements and handy color grading in LR classic, I love the easy and accurate masking tools for objects. But it’s often required to export the image with a saved work/clipping path.

I wish if we could convert the masks as a clipping path when exporting an image through LR, so the others can have the object ready to select when opening the file in Photoshop.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for Adobe to implement this, you could consider using the Copy Settings plugin's Extract Masks command to extract the masks as grayscale images suitable for use as layer masks in Photoshop.  Many masks don't have uniformly crisp or feathered edges, so a grayscale image better represents the mask than a clipping path, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1679586297447.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe path conversion algo is left over from the 90s and hasn't seen any real improvement since then. It's mostly unsable about 90% of the time. And why would you want a vector path for a raster mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johnrellis, Yeah I'm using that method sometimes, once masking is done I just revert it and replace the inverted mask with an easy-to-selcet solid color and then save the selection as a clipping path, but then I have to export it as a 2nd version, so I don't destruct the original image. And that won't practical when it comes to syncing files while working on the same image on both LR and PS later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate