• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Floating panels/toolbars

LEGEND ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Lightroom. I use it every single day as I am a professional photographer. However, I can't understand for the life of me why Adobe has chosen to have no ability to float Lightrooms toolbars as is possible with the other Adobe products. I have two monitors and would love to actually make the best possible use of them. Adobe, please add this feature as I'm sure it will be welcomed by all users.

Thanks, Freddy

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
66 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us use two monitors and floating side bars would be really helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 10 years of waiting, still nothing has happened. I'm disappointed. It is too cumbersome to open and close the panels or scroll up and down. Even on a 4K screen. It's time for something new!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it possible to combine panels from the develop module AND the keywording panel side by side so I can edit, adjust metadata and keyword without changing layouts. Also is it possible to create much bigger custom keyword sets AND also make them floating windows so I can edite faster and do a lot of repetitive keywording. A bit like customising Photoshops layout.

My ideal scenario is to have the develop panels on the left and the metadata on the right and then to be able to drag a panel closer to my image area so I can crop, adjust and keyword without sweeping around the big monitor so much or having to change module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "much bigger keyword sets?" I've hundreds and not run into a limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. That would be so great. I have a stretched Monitor and would really appreciate the ability to not scroll down to find the panel option that I need. Or to custom order them to have the panels in the order I need them. Having the panels run along the top would be my preference, but floating modular panels would be best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Carlos Whinneryos

@Adobe, how many years are you going to make us wait??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike Photoshop, Lightroom menus are fixed to the right side. When using a Wacom Cintiq this is a real pain for left-handed people (literally!).

I realise that the numbers of left-handed people who also use a Cintiq is likely to be a minority, but I feel that if floating menus are deemed to be useful for Photoshop (and many others in the suite) why not Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find lightroom way more useful if the second screen had more options to configure.

For example a real full screen mode (like when pressing F) would be a great help especially when working on smaller screens. (I also didn't find a way to turn of the Information in the Top left corner)

Also to have the option to have all the sliders on the second screen or even free floating, would be very helpful.

When I'm traveling a lot, I'm often working on quite small screens. Therefore I would like to have my foto in full screen on one monitor while having the sliders on the other monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see Lightroom Classic a bit more Modular (like Premiere Pro).

When working with smaller screens it would be helpful to be able to set up the workspace differently. 

For example have the Development sliders free floatig, in order to bring them to a second screen and have the foto as big as possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this suggestion.  As a left-handed photographer, I would like the ability to move the Develop panel to the left side of the photo so that I can use my apple pencil more effectively during photo editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make an IPTC field a floatable window. For example the caption/description field can float independently of the IPTC tab on the side and be viewable and editable in full screen mode or something where the image is large with no tabs either side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeffmahnke 

The Apple Pencil can only be used with an iPad whereas this forum is for Lightroom Classic 'Ideas'. That being said, it's already possible to do what you ask on the iPad (and LrC on a desktop or laptop).

Tap on the tri-dot button at top right of Lr iOS and choose 'App Settings', then 'Input'. See attached screenshot

IMG_0006-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be helpful, when doing some quick editing, to be able to move the adobe profile browser to the second screen.  This would enable the user to look through the whole range of profiles in a size that would actually be usable in the pre-selection process.  Most of the names are unhelpful in the list mode and in one of the image mode the thumbnails are either 1) grid images are too small to be useful or 2) large images only show two images at a time on a 27" monitor.  I find no way to make the browser full-screen and it sure would make things easier and quicker if you wanted to use the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate