Please make a keyboard shortcut in Lightroom for making a Collections Set

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

I didn't notice the upper right corner where you typed in the name "new Collection Set". I've done that and assigned CNTR CMD n to it. Restarted LR and it works!!! It works on my macbook pro. I still need to try again on my iMac. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

While waiting for Adobe to act on this, you could use the Any Shortcut plugin to assign a shortcut to New Collection Set:

johnrellis_0-1678837201884.png

Or on Mac, you could assign a shortcut using System Preferences. On Windows, you'd have to use a utility like Autohotkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! I'll give Any Shortcut a whirl!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having much luck with AnyShortcut. Looks like it's for changing existing shortcuts to something else and not creating new ones, but I'm sure I'm confused. I sent you an email directly describing my issues with AnyShortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference by future readers: Any Shortcut can add or change the shortcut of any command for which LR has provided the ability to assign shortcuts. There are many commands for which LR has provided the ability but hasn't assigned shortcuts. The New Collection Set command is one of those, as shown in the screenshot I provided above.

I'm helping Mark see if we can solve a permissions issue with Mac OS 13 :-<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice the upper right corner where you typed in the name "new Collection Set". I've done that and assigned CNTR CMD n to it. Restarted LR and it works!!! It works on my macbook pro. I still need to try again on my iMac. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more update: I'm impressed with the Wizard: it recognizes when you've completed the task it is asking you to do. With that in mind; that is why my iMac was having trouble! The instructions in the wizard state to set "Everyone" to "read and write". What I discovered is that for some reason, my "Admin" user was set to Read Only. Once I changed that to read and write, the wizard allowed me to complete the steps! It's always something that's right in front of your nose with computers; go figure. Everything works now. 

So the Takeaway for Mac users is, if you're going through the wizard, and for some reason it won't let you go any further, it's possibly because you're not following instructions: it's watching what you're doing. Added to that you must look carefully because it might be something the wizard is not telling you about. It could be something that it assumed was already done, like a default configuration. In my case, my admin user (on my iMac) had been set to "read-only"— I don't know why, but that was preventing the wizard from moving forward after I had applied the changes to the "everyone" user. Once I did that, everything worked. Versus my MacBook Pro where the admin was already set as it should be. Because I was able to get right through the wizard on my MacBook Pro. I hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks much for posting your experience.  It's most unfortunate that Mac OS 13 makes it so hard for Any Shortcut to change LR's TranslatedStrings files.

Votes

Translate

Translate