Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) Shortcut to toggle between mask activated/deactivated

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Finally the new masking tools solve all previous problems , synchronisation between virtual copies cropped or not is perfect, even the clone tool has been corrected.  The ability to substract from a gradual filter and to finetune this substraction is amazing. Bravo !!!!!!

Now I am a bit surprised that they din't think about a shortcut to toggle between activation and desactivation of a mask, it is such a pain to leave the effect ajustment pannel in order to reach the toggle icon next to a mask to activate or desactive it. It is such helpful to be able to toggle on/off a modification to finetune it. Before V11 I just reset the effect by double clicking on the text "effet", then a ctr-Z bring me back and allow me to toggle. Now the mask color incrustation always appear (BUG) after after the double clik on "effet", so it doesn't work anymore. A shortcut is high needed.

Didier

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Hi, Automatically toggle overlay should be enabled, hence this issue. So, whenever you're making selections, it stays on, and disappears once you've made some slider adjustment. But - gets back on if you reset sliders to 0. 

To turn it off, click on the three dot menu, in the masking panel, uncheck "Automatically toggle overlay". This will ensure that you don't see the overlay (incrustation) when you double click "Effect". 

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Automatically toggle overlay should be enabled, hence this issue. So, whenever you're making selections, it stays on, and disappears once you've made some slider adjustment. But - gets back on if you reset sliders to 0. 

To turn it off, click on the three dot menu, in the masking panel, uncheck "Automatically toggle overlay". This will ensure that you don't see the overlay (incrustation) when you double click "Effect". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, thanks!

A shortcut would be a great addition anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to click the upvote button at the top of this page!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that a shortcut for the masking tool would be highly useful. I propose the shortuct A to toggle the mAsk panel open/close. At the moment I use the K shortcut to open the mask panel then hit escape to dismiss the brush tool and escape again to close the mask panel. However, if I click on an existing mask or add a mask you cannot use escape to close the mask panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate