• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move [Done] Button from beneath Histogram back to Toolbar [T]

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Done" button on the "T" panel doesn't show up anymore when in crop or masking tool. I'm missing it.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 152 Replies 152
152 Comments
Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tjoori 

The edits are applied the moment a history step is created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was never any need for the 'Done" button while you are working with LrC every function you perform is recorded in the Catalog file. Just move to a new function and continue working. If you read the thread you will notice there are multiple ways to move forward.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't change anything for those of us that are used to this in our
workflow put the button back it was there for more than a decade it was
ludicrous to move it or remove it as it is done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll agree with @DdeGannes and I see also no need for bringing back the "Done" button. If you finish with your mask editing you click on a function button like "Edit", "Spot Healing" and so on and the you came back from mask editing. In my opinion it's the same as click on the "Done" and the change to the next function. It is sometimes even faster than having to click the "Done" button first. I got used to the change very quickly and don't miss the "Done" button.

The world is subject to constant changes to which one has to adapt. This does not stop at software either.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can agree with anyone you want to, but it is still a flawed design.  It goes against better design and expectations of how software should work.  It is harder to create multiple corrections as the "new" option is gone now too.  If you switch the sub-tool you lose the desired edit you wanted.  There are plenty of workarounds, but you should also consider new users.  The highlighting of the Edit button is backwards too.  It is dark when it does something and brighter/highlighted when it doesn't.  Everything is WRONG with this approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@skyrunr 

"It goes against better design and expectations of how software should work. It is harder to create multiple corrections as the "new" option is gone now too. If you switch the sub-tool you lose the desired edit you wanted."

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spend some time using the tools and you'll understand. 😉  I get that you don't need the done button, but the issue goes beyond this.  I have a strong background in UI and development.  I am personally able to use the tools just fine now, but it is REALLY annoying.  It doesn't have to be this way, and it can be improved.  That is all I'm saying.   Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@skyrunr 

I use them extensively.

I just don't understand what you mean by "if you switch the sub.tool you loose the desired edit you wanted".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a clone, and then want to erase or heal, you have to close the tool and go back to it.  Or create one away from the same area.  Or use key strokes.  We used to be able to just add a new edit.  I did not have this problem before the tool change.  I think the backwards highlighting of the button is enough to question if they know what they're doing or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to not understand those who aren't affected by the "Done" button being missing being so adamantly against its return. It's not like they replaced it with something new that is useful to you. NONE of you have offered one single thing that will negatively impact you if it is brought back. Until you can offer that, why are you commenting here? There are obviously many of us who ARE negatively impacted by this in our workflows, and fixing that for us does NOT impact you in any way. So why are you against it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@skyrunr 

If you are using any Healing Tool to erase one or more existing you can hold Alt/Option and a scissors  icon will appear: you can delete individual  ones OR by drawing a marquee erase multiple ones.

Or simply when a single Healing Tool is selected you can delete it by using Delete/Backspace....ot you can right-click and delete it.

If you are using Clone Tool simply deselct it using ESC or use Ctrl/Cmd + click on Heal or Content Aware to create a new tool of that kind (Wasn't this documented!?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you mean well, but you are doing the equivalent of mansplaining.  I've explained that I am a UI professional, and I know all of the options that are available. I personally have a custom macro keyboard to get around the issue, but this should really not be necessary for such a basic function.  As an example, the ESC key requires moving your hands from the home row or mouse.  I'm ambidextrous, and may use the mouse in my left or right hand for instance.  Sorry for any typos, this support forum blocks the built-in spell checking.  Another one for the needs improvement in 2023 list.  It bugs me every time I post something here.  It further makes me not trust the brand.  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it interesting how deeply the particular way one 'verbalises' a particular control or tool, changes its usability expectations! 

Taking these 3 variants of spot-correct that you can do, fill / clone / heal:

If we (A) conceive the role of those 3 icon-buttons, as about placing a fresh spot-correct of the chosen kind - we will probably prefer to avoid changing this for the one we have just placed; so it will be inconvenient to us, for that to remain active. But lacking an easy way to inactivate it, some awkward workaround must be found.

If OTOH we (B) fully accept that these buttons will control a currently active instance, and allow that to guide our work sequence, there is no deselecting step called for. It is quite as anticipated IMO, that each fresh placed spot will naturally start out same as the last one - until and unless, we change that (after placement, and with a preview of both the before and the after, of doing so)..  

Similarly, those who've conceptualised "crop" as a verb - an action - may feel cropping updates ought to be 'accepted' or 'completed' before moving on. 

OTOH those who've conceptualised "crop" as a noun - an ongoing attribute of the image - will be a lot happier to just proceed with their next task.

Extending that: e.g. Exposure is also an ongoing attribute of the image - we don't feel need for any 'done' or 'begin-another' step, after we've adjusted that slider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't see a reason for removing something that works. If possible, please re-enable the done button

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing Done-Button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other functions are always available, and not burried within a sub-menu.  When you let go of the slider or change to another one, you are done with it.  Changing from the develop view, or shrinking the section could be considered done buttons.  You have to be DONE with a "tool" to return back to the other sliders.  This is actually IMPLIED with the done being replaced and moved as a SLIDER button that is highlighted in the opposite manner that buttons usually follow.  None of this change makes sense.  Not to mention two band-aids when you use the repair tool that is just strange.  Read my other comments on what this is such a poor design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE WANT DONE BUTTON BACK... Also please try to optimise it a bit better, v12 is laggy AF.. and my system aint slow :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speak for yourself ! I don't miss the DONE button at all, and my system isn't laggy.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say for myself that I don't miss the button and don't need it anymore. 

@lupascu5FB7 I can't say that Lightroom is laggy. On my hardware LR is running smoothly. Is your system up-to-date? Do you have installed all recent updates and patches for the operating system and the device drivers, especially the graphic card? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lupascu5FB7 , If you have an issue with your system being laggy then it's best you create a new thread to address that issue.

The issue in this thread is about the "Done button".

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eacmich1423_0-1693930782633.png

What an odd and angry comment... Was the poster not in fact speaking for themselves? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, "WE" don't. 

You might, others might - but the majority of us have just learned to use the software as it's designed to be used, and are getting on with their lives...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Was the poster not in fact speaking for themselves?"

Only if he's suffering from some sort of multiple personality disorder; or if he has a hugely distorted idea of the value of his personal opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The majority of the people in this thread would seem to disagree with you. 

Agree to disagree? Sure. But don't act all high horse like the great many of us who detest this change are idiots. We have a valid gripe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate