• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Polychromatic Film Grain and Halation

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom for 10 years now and I still love the program. I don't do many VFX tweaks and barely use photoshop for event photos. But I would love if Adobe can allow you to choose and adjust polychromatic film grain, not just monochromatic. Film doesn't have monochromatic grain unless it's B&W. Also would love a Halation effect. Something that you can adjust color, brightness, bloom, softness, etc. Does anyone else want this?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive been experimenting with different external plugins to help get me closer to a certain look for my images.

Dehancer has a couple unique things that I think would be great to have in Lightroom. Specifically, the Halation and Bloom functions. 

DehancerLightroom_MWtBqVUoaD.png   DehancerLightroom_voDnVbZImS.png

They also have more grainular adjustments (pun intended) for their Film Grain tool which I thought was awesome.

DehancerLightroom_zHWpZwQE8d.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you show us some samples of the effects you acheived using these features? 

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would absolutely love to see Adobe implement some form of halation into lightroom. I'll probalby eventually end up getting Dehancer but I really think it should be built in. I shouldn't have to pay $200 on top of a subscription I've been paying for years to do a basic thing that can enhance the mood of a photograph. 

Dust and scratches would be a really nice thing to see as some form of slider or generator element. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean same or similar to https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-polychromatic-film-grain-and-halation/idi-p...

Note that your post may be merged with the other thread to form an authoritive thread for fearure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love an upgraded grain editing system as well! that would be a gamechanger 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropping in to say, YES, I would love to see these tools inside the Lightroom Classic app

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, First of all, Thank you guys for your hard work in introducing new features to us, I loved every one of them. So I'm learning new editing styles with Lightroom and I like my photographs to have a cinematic look and I feel like some features like halation or bloom features are missing to give my photographs a One hundred percent cinematic sensation. So I would like you to add an FX tab and include halation and bloom features. Thank you and Good luck for your future Projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I wish it was in the Lightroom ecosystem (cloud based) because I also edit on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i have to say that, even if i"m using lightroom all the time, that is something i deeply miss aswell! 

Im always dropping photos in davinci resolve to add real vibes to my photos and it would be amazing to be able to do so without lossing so much time .... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" Does anyone else want this?"

Not me - I'm utterly baffled by the appeal of adding worse image quality to a picture: at best it's a gimmick, at worst it's a feeble attempt to hide a mediocre image behind a "look".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, some clients want the "film look" sooo just trying to provide them what they want, without having to use film which I feel is a gimmick. (Having shot film for over a decade.) You know, you also don't have to use the feature. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
it would be great to add a feature that would allow users add a halation for those who make film-like edits. 
I am sure a lot of people would be very happy to see such a feature in lightroom! 
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a way to add naturalness and get rid of the over sharpened digital look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andrew35683579v9ih 

Then why are you oversharpening in the first place? Two wrongs do not make one right.

Votes

Translate

Translate