• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Go to Folder in the Library" from the import window when a duplicate is detected

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing files in Lightroom Classic they occasionally appear grayed out, indicating Lightroom recognizes them as already in your Libray. At this point, I must cancel the import and attempt to find the files in the Library myself. Due to my extensive library locating the images can be difficult and time-consuming. It would be great if, as in the Library Module, you could control-click on the grayed-out image in the Import window and be given the option (in the resulting contextual menu) to "Go to Folder in the Library". Lightroom would then need to close the import window and open the Library module, highlighting the folder containing the suspected duplicates in the navigation panel on the left. I LOVE and often use this feature in the Libray Module and would LOVE to see it implemented in the Import module.

[Moved to "Ideas" by moderator]

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, if you attempt an import, and have the do not import suspected duplicates, if you right click on one of the images, you can select to show in Explorer/Finders

Now, what you actually want is to have it show you in the folders panel, in the folder in question, where LrC has that photo?

Yes, I agree, a yes vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Due to my extensive library locating the images can be difficult and time-consuming":

This should not be all that difficult or time consuming.  In import dialog, jot down the file name.  Then in Library Module, with All Photographs selected use a text filter on File Name and put in the file name.  Then right click on the duplicate image and select "Go to Folder in Library"

Votes

Translate

Translate