• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sort folders in ascending or descending order

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to see ability to sort folders in ascending or descending order just like the images.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
33 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the merged thread, it isn't possible to change the sort order of folders in the Folders panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be a difficult task for Adobe. People have  been requesting it for almost a decade. What gives???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support this feature request. In the meantime, as a workaround you can rename your year folders as follows: "0 2021", "1 2020", "2 2019", etc. and they will sort as desired. If you're using "Organize by Date" in the Destination panel in Import, highlight the year folder that's appropriate (rather than your master photos folder), and choose a date format that does not include a year folder (e.g. "2021-01-20") - or leave it as before, and after Import drag your shoot folders into your renamed year folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for merging me in.  I search for previous posts, but couldn't find this thread amid all the threads talking about sorting photos in the grid display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please implement reverse sort for dated folders. It is ridiculous that this hasn't happened already.

Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many years of an obvious need to view the most recent work first but Lightroom laughs and ignores you and still you spend your money on the product and wonder why Lightroom does not give a dam lol, cancel and tell them why then they might listen - but you will not and for the next 5 years and beyond we will still see the same issues and the sam indifference from Adobe, so nobody to blame other than those that pay a company for ignoring them !  The actual forum is hosted by Adobe and they simply ignore and you continue to buy and wonder why you are ignored. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my Workflow I add a new folder for every year. I want to sort ist in LR_Classic from newest to oldest, but it is always oldest to newest.

Sort folders and libraries by name in descending or ascending order

Screenshot 2024-02-21 072647.png

Votes

Translate

Translate