• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unused GPU drivers as out of date dialog - add [Do not show again] option

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as some members with dedicated graphics controllers and naturally integrated video controllers are receiving system compatibility reports about out of date drivers for the integrated video control, that on their systems are not used by Lightroom Classic.

They are finding that unhelpful and annoying.

See post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-classic-11-5-incorrectly-reporting-outdated-graphics-driver-on-dell-latitude-laptop/td-p/13149081 

hmm, I am clearly Adobe Community challenged, thought I posed as Bug, clearly I missed a step.

Ahh, and now moved to Ideas. Ok. Treat as not a bug, apparently as designed, so treat as an Idea, a request for change.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Updating feature request status to Planned

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and now contain this new feature. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
63 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating feature request status to Planned

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when it will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same problem and I'm getting the same exact pop-up message. At this point, I'm just looking to see if Adobe can suppress the pop-up. It gets annoying having to see the pop-up every time I open Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been confirmed by Adobe and there will be a fix/solution.

When? Only Adobe knows and they don't tell ahead.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I have installed the Lightroom version
Release 11.5, camera Raw 14.5

When I open the programme the following message appears:

2022-10-05.png

"The following known issues have been identified on this device. If you continue with these known problems, you may experience video file problems and instability.

The current version of the intel video driver may cause performance and stability problems.
We strongly recommend updating to version 100.8476 or later. Drivers are provided by Intel or your computer manufacturer."

I tried installing the required driver (Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 27.20.100.8476) following the instructions at this link https://helpx.adobe.com/it/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html

but it turns out not to meet the minimum system requirements (the screen with the following message appears)

Error
---------------------------
The system does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.
---------------------------

In particular, I believe it does not meet the following requirement
"6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Skylake)"

as my processor is
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
i.e. 4th generation.

I have thought about installing earlier versions of Lr, but I don't know which one to install and if my system meets the requirements for the appropriate Intel Driver.
How could I solve this?
Thank you

Finally, I enclose the main information of my system

Device Specifications

Device Name AscanioPC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
Device ID 50FE2FAA-0D8E-4589-A2F1-CBDE11CEE207
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA923
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input available for this screen

Windows specifications

Windows 10 Pro Edition
Version 21H2
Installation date: 23/09/2022
Operating system build 19044.2006
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help to repeat the very same many already did.

Read through the thread. Adobe has already confirmed to look into the issue.

As written before also: All you can do is wait.

I suggest to not go back to an earlier version as it can not work with your current catalog for instance if you go below v10.

The message is informal. That said, LrC should work as used to on your PC. 

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a recent Adobe Cloud upgrade I’m now encountering a graphics driver performance and stability warning messages relating to my OEM graphic driver IGDKMD64.SYS v20.19.15.5063.  Having fully uninstalled the OEM driver, my attempt to replace with any Adobe complaint Intel Graphics Windows DCH Drivers v27.20.100.8476 fails with the error message: “This computer does not meet the requirements for installing the software”!

Fortunately, the restriction only appears to impact LRC using on-board graphics; external monitors use alternative GPUs; however, is there a work around to upgrading tin to avoid dependency on separate monitors?

Thanks in anticipation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your post correctly you have to graphic cards into your computer, a CPU internal GPU and a external graphic card. In this case please try to deactivate the CPU internal graphic unit.

More information about that you'll find here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Look especially into section "Solution 4 ...." and here step 6.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What make/model of computer?

Desktop or Laptop?

If it is a laptop, but apparently with a Descrete GPU as well as a Integrated Video Control, then is the internal monitor actually using the Integrated Video Control instead of the GPU?

And continuing with that thought, in LrC, in the System Info, (/Help/System Info) what do you see in this part:

Displays: 1) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (31.0.15.1694)

P.S. Do not be surprised if your posting gets merged (by an ADMIN) with one I created, that currently resides under Ideas (it moves around between bug and ideas, currently fairly stable at ideas), My posting about getting that warning about the integrated video control, when a descreate GPU is in use, an annoyance,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-unused-gpu-drivers-as-out-of-date-dialog-add-do-not-show-again-option/idc-p/13248566/page/3#M16461 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to GoldingJ

Thanks for responding.  LRC is currently running on a Dell XPS 15 laptop.  The sysinfo snips are certainly confusing:

LRC running on external Dell UP2716D + Dell 2001FP monitor plumbed into DELL Universal Dock D6000 with laptop lid shut:

Displays: 1) 1600x1200, 2) 2048x1080

Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (25.21.14.2531)

LRC running on standalone laptop using builtin display

Displays: 1) 3200x1800

Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

LRC running on HDMI attached Dell UP2716D monitor with Dell 2001FP still attached to Dell Universal Doc D6000

Displays: 1) 2048x1080, 2) 1600x1200

Graphics Processor Info:

There’s no sysinfo mention of  Intel!

BTW: Windows Device Manager Disabling of the Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver made no difference.

Looks as though we’re all waiting for an Adobe fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, an annoyance.

As you can see, your post got merged with the one it is now in, and that Adobe has plans to mitigate.

Mind you, your GPU is getting old in the tooth, and NVIDIA appears to have stopped providing new drivers. Yours appears to be up to date, but up to date is from 2019. But not a thing you can do about that other than requesting NVIDIA to give it some care (not likely)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and now contain this new feature. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rikk Flohr: Photography  Thanks to you and everyone who helped out with this. I upgraded to v12 and we have "Don't show again" checkbox 👍 Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate