• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Upgrading Previous Process Version

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 472K files in LRC (11.3.1) about 400K were not the current process version (less than 5).

It took over a week of my time to upgrade the process versions.  The issue was that LR would be going along andhit a file that had something wrong with it from LR's perspective and quit the process version upgrade.  And all the ones that it had converted on the upgrade run stayed at their original process version. Additionally LRC did not indicate which was the bad file.  This require scrolling through in grid view thousands of photos slowly becase grid view had to open the file to discover that they were bad.  All in all a very cumbersome annoying process.

Desired behavior would be like Synchronize, where it continues on when there is an error, and gives a report at the end of the files that it could not convert to the current process. 

Windows 11, 24cores, 128GB mem,  Catalog on SSD

LRC 11.3.1

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I have never experienced a failure of an image not upgrading to a current process version. It might just be easier to click on the little lightning bolt that will appear in the corner of the histogram window that indicates that the process version is not current. Clicking on that lightning bolt will upgrade the current image, and just do it an image at a time as you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have never had any such errors but NEVER update in mass. Because this will alter the color appearance and I want to view this to decide if I want the newer PV and can accept the color changes. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a photo that consistently fails to upgrade process version?  Or is the case that when you try to upgrade it a second time, it succeeds? 

"This require scrolling through in grid view thousands of photos slowly becase grid view had to open the file to discover that they were bad."

How are you determining that they were "bad"?

Votes

Translate

Translate