• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Presets Panel - add ability to select more than one user preset simultaneously

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the ability to select more than one user preset in the Presets Panel.  It takes far too long to do some things without this.  (I recently had some issues in importing presets when setting up Lightroom Classic version 11.1 on a new Windows laptop, and it was very laborious to have to delete them one by one after some issues with the importing process - which is a whole other story that I won't bore people with.)  Or if there's a way to do this already, please let me know.  

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

LR has always been weak at managing large numbers of presets, and the lack of multiple selection is frustrating.  Workarounds:

- To delete large numbers of presets, right-click one of them and do Show In Finder / Explorer. Then delete the corresponding .xmp files with Finder / Explorer. Restart LR. Beware that the names displayed by LR don't always match the .xmp file names (the display name is stored insider the .xmp file). 

- To move large numbers of presets to other preset groups, use the fre

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR has always been weak at managing large numbers of presets, and the lack of multiple selection is frustrating.  Workarounds:

- To delete large numbers of presets, right-click one of them and do Show In Finder / Explorer. Then delete the corresponding .xmp files with Finder / Explorer. Restart LR. Beware that the names displayed by LR don't always match the .xmp file names (the display name is stored insider the .xmp file). 

- To move large numbers of presets to other preset groups, use the free Fix Presets plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how this isn't a feature yet. Sorting and organising presets is frustratingly tedious. How being to shift click or ctrl click multiple presets and just select create new group isn't already a feature blows my mind. It's the most basic of basic features that makes a huge difference and saves hours of time. Adobe has an unlimited budget and I have to pay a subcription to put up with this crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create your own folder (Group), and place presets in it that you desire. See the link below, link is a bit aged, and some points made may have improved. (note, for built in Adobe presets, you may need to create copy's, placing them in the folder you create in the folder you create described in the link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hD3YbJzM-A 

Alternately

https://filtergrade.com/how-to-create-preset-folders-in-lightroom/ 

Also, you could use the Favorites capability to place then their:

https://www.lightroompresets.com/blogs/pretty-presets-blog/11723609-tips-for-organizing-your-presets 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be possible to select multiple presets and move them to the group we want.

This is how I would do it:

Select multiple Presets (ctrl/cmd + click on multiple or shift + click )  >  when multiple presets are selected user are prompted to "Move to"

Having to right click presets one by own to move them is terribly frustrating,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most frustrating thing is not having presets which are nested in groups in finder reflect as being "under" a group." Its often a key part of workflow, and being unable to do it/sometimes able to when the stars align upon re-re-re-re importing is just not tenable. If I have 400+ presets I need to group into 70 different groups, am I really supposed to do this one by one? Renaming them individually is time consuming enough. It's taken about 3 days to get halfway through sorting my presets now due to the way CC works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. People have complained about this for years. Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can organize your presets into subfolders using Finder, then use the free Fix Presets plugin to reflect the folder structure in the preset panel's groups. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate