• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethered shooting: specify rotation orientation

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I shoot tethered to Lightroom with my camera facing down (parallel to a table surface shooting food) and the images import with random rotations since the camera is not sure what to do.  To combat this, I have tried turning the auto-rotate on, off, just to camera, to camera and computer - basically every option I know of.  Additionally, I have tried manually rotating images hoping that the "apply to next shot" feature will override the rotation but that does not work either.  PLEASE provide a solution for this, where I can apply the same rotation to all images AS they come in through the camera vs. needing to apply it per-image.  When I have clients looking at my monitor and I have to manually rotate each image it looks really bad and is very time consuming over the course of a full day shoot. This would be so appreciated -  Thank you!! 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I had no idea where to go to do this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just clicked that link and it took me to a site that doesn't seem to be official Adobe - just curious why requesting something there would have more impact than on here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera are you using?  I have rotation off in my Canons and none of the photos rotate in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where John's link eventually ends up, but this is the "feedback" link you are looking for:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to copy/sync absolute rotation is inexplicably missing from LR. As a workaround, you could use the Any Crop plugin's Set Rotation command to set the rotation of a batch of photos to 0 degrees.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Shooting with the camera on a copystand. Canon utilities lets me rotate images 180º which is very handy but I would like to shoot using light room tethering but don't have the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe people!

I'm a recent Apple Aperture convert and have enjoyed learning the excellent features in Lightroom classic.

However my current workflow is shooting with Cannon utilities to Bridge, ACR and finally Photoshop. this would be simplified if I could use the tethered functionality in Lightroom. I shoot with the camera on a copy-stand so each image needs to be rotated 180º on import. Canon utilities lets me do this. It would be most advantageous if Lightroom would do the same.

Any chance this could be included in a future update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix or soution to this issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe make this happen. How many of your software subscribers shoot flat lays ? A LOT. It's embarassing and makes us look like amateurs in front of clients.  Are we just shouting into the universe or is someone from Adobe going to respond to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WOW!  This is a thing.? Really Adobe? I can't specify 180 rotate on a tethered capture?  Seriously? This is deal breaker as I only do copystand work..

Votes

Translate

Translate