• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic freezes my IMAC 27 inch 5K. post working on raw files

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am been using IMAC 27 inch 5K late 2015 model and I am been observing a very awkward issue with my lightroom classic. It seems to hang and then freezes my entire system forcing me to shut down my computer via the power button.

The glitch only seems to occur when working on LRC.

Can anyone help me how to fix the issue?

thanks in advance

Shovona

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Hi!

I've spent about 2hours with Adobe support on remote desktop to solve this exact same issue. They totally DO NOT know that to do about it, or should I say, they don't know anything . Guy on support tried to persuade me that my network drive are what causes this problem! Asked me the same questions for at least five times. I'm totally pissed of! 

Lightroom Classic 10.1 has a massive problem with GPU memory leak! Once the vido memory is more than 95% full, LcR overflows it and freezes whole sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on my iMac 27" 5K 2015 with Radeon R9 M380 2 GB. The v10.1 and the last update (10.1.1) made the whole system freeze and obliged me to do a hard reboot by pressing the powerbutton. The 10.1.1 update didn't solve this HUGE bug. Adobe, this is unacceptable. Please solve this HUGE bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since downgrading to LrC 10 doesn't remove any features but is largely free from the issues discribed above, then I recommend that you revert to version 10. If nothing else, you'll be free from the crashes and freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my iMac 5K 2015, the bugs seem to have been resolved with the 10.2 update. On top of that, the performances are much better than before. Thanks a lot to the Adobe developer team! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines