Lightroom Classic hangs on startup - Windows 10

Help please - 

Recent Mac-PC convert, using Win v10.0.18363, Lr Classic v9.2. Program hangs (Not Repsonding) if I click anything once opened. Sometimes it comes back after 5-10min. Most times I kill it and try again. Happens regardless of catalog used. 

Lr is running from the C drive, Lr catalog files are with corresponding .arws and .jpgs on the D drive. 

Everything is up to date. Uninstall & reinstall using Adobe Creative Cloud (+keep settings) didn't fix anything. 

Any suggestions? TIA. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Lightroom Classic hangs on startup - Windows 10

Help please - 

Recent Mac-PC convert, using Win v10.0.18363, Lr Classic v9.2. Program hangs (Not Repsonding) if I click anything once opened. Sometimes it comes back after 5-10min. Most times I kill it and try again. Happens regardless of catalog used. 

Lr is running from the C drive, Lr catalog files are with corresponding .arws and .jpgs on the D drive. 

Everything is up to date. Uninstall & reinstall using Adobe Creative Cloud (+keep settings) didn't fix anything. 

Any suggestions? TIA. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Lr Classic CC hangs on startup - Win10

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic. 

Would you mind checking the below mentioned details and performing the steps to check if it helps?

1. Go to Preferences > Performance and increase the Camera Raw Cache size to 10.0GB or more.
  2. On the same tab, check the option to Use Smart Previews instead of Original for image editing and uncheck the option to Generate Previews in Parallel.
  3. On the Performance tab itself, select off from the drop down for Use Graphic Processor
  4. Go to the General tab and check the box to Replace Embedded previews by standard previews during idle time.

Once you have made the above-mentioned changes, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic prior to testing the application.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thank you for the optimization tips! Are you sure I shoul...

Thank you for the optimization tips! Are you sure I should be turning OFF the GPU support? 

I've updated the settings as recommended, excluding deactivating GPU support. The startup process is MUCH faster now, (previews were originally loading in parallel). However, once the program is up, it continues to 'hang' while loading the photo numbers, ratings, flags, etc. Now only lasts a matter of seconds vs minutes, but still displays (Not Responding) and displays a new 'Lr Ps Classic' opening image if I click anywhere. I expect this process to be very fast. Are my expectations unreasonable?

System: 

i7 9700k

32gb RAM

RTX2080 8GB GPU

500GB SSD

1TB SSD

1TB SSD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: Lr Classic CC hangs on startup - Win10

This improved the performance but did not solve my issue, and the comment I'd responded with was deleted by a moderator. 

Not helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines