Highlighted

Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline"

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started seeing new behavior in the maps module in LR. Every time I zoom or navigate the map or try to link a photo to a location, I get a world map in grey and a message at the bottom 'Map is offline'. Then the map reverts to the regular map.

What has happened and how do I correct. Could you help me please. This is incredibly annoying

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7

Version: 6.1

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,4 GHz

Built-in memory: 8147,5 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8147,5 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 517,8 MB (6,3%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 610,5 MB

GDI objects count: 346

USER objects count: 1099

Process handles count: 1260

Memory cache size: 17,3MB / 1780,8MB (1,0%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Camera Raw virtual memory: 2MB / 4073MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 382.53

Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline"

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started seeing new behavior in the maps module in LR. Every time I zoom or navigate the map or try to link a photo to a location, I get a world map in grey and a message at the bottom 'Map is offline'. Then the map reverts to the regular map.

What has happened and how do I correct. Could you help me please. This is incredibly annoying

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 7

Version: 6.1

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,4 GHz

Built-in memory: 8147,5 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8147,5 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 517,8 MB (6,3%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 610,5 MB

GDI objects count: 346

USER objects count: 1099

Process handles count: 1260

Memory cache size: 17,3MB / 1780,8MB (1,0%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Camera Raw virtual memory: 2MB / 4073MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 382.53

Renderer: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for users of lightroom 5.7 - why are we left in the cold WHEN 5.7 map module was working fine!!!!!!!! until recently. Please advise AND do not say upgrade to the lastest version because 5.7 was working fine until now!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have said that I was using Lightroom CC for which the issue is most definitely fixed by the 2015.12 update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

There's definately no change in the current version of Lightroom 5.7.1(Please check that your's is the latest one) that can cause the Map module to stop working. Could you please explain what exactly is the issue?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I am using the latest one - 5.7.1. The problem is what other users have mention with CC/6. This problem also affects 5.7/5.7.1

I am on win 10. The problem seems to be with adobe/google map service, as I have not had this problem before and only noticed it at the time of other users mentioning this. Haven't bothered too much about it before, but upon discovering other users having this problem, I wonder if there was a fix. There seems to be, but only for CC/6 users. Why is 5.7 having the same issue as it is old now. It is not an update issue. Can you advise?

This may affect older versions as well, which would indicate there is a bug at Adobe's end.

Hope you can help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ricky336

Nothing has changed on your Lightroom 5.7.1, that's correct - Google has changed the API.

It looks like you need to blame Google for the issue and not to expect Adobe to adapt 'old' software.

Before you ask ... Why does other software still work ... Not every application that accesses Google uses the very same way and API-functions to do this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

Ho la licenza perpetua di Lightroom 5.7.1 su Windows 10. Ho problemi per visualizzare la mappa. Praticamente quando seleziono il modulo di carta solo dopo ripetuti tentativi si può vedere solo le mappe satellitari e non le mappe ibride o stradali e spesso vedo il messaggio "mappa offline". Ho anche attivato Lightroom sul firewall. Ho scoperto che Lightroom versione 6 è disponibile, ma quando controllo attraverso la ricerca di aggiornamenti, mi dice la mia versione è aggiornata (5.7.1). Ho reinstallato tutto ma non più.

Versione Lightroom: 5.7.1 [994254]

Tipo di licenza: Perpetual

Sistema operativo: Windows 8.1 Business Edition

Versione: 6.3 [9600]

Architettura dell'applicazione: x64

Architettura del sistema: x64

Conteggio processore logico: 8

Velocità processore: 3,5 GHz

Memoria integrata: 16281,1 MB

Memoria reale disponibile in Lightroom: 16281,1 MB

Memoria fisica usata Lightroom: 898,0 MB (5,5%)

Memoria virtuale usata Lightroom: 900,7 MB

Dimensione cache memoria: 62,7 MB

Numero di thread massimo utilizzato da Camera Raw: 4

Impostazione DPI del sistema: 96 DPI

Composizione desktop attivata: Sì

Monitor: 1) 1920x1080

Indicatori Config.lua: None

Adattatore n. 1: Fornitore : 8086

Dispositivo : 122

Sottosistema : 844d1043

Revisione : 9

Memoria video : 32

Adattatore n. 2: Fornitore : 1414

Dispositivo : 8c

Sottosistema : 0

Revisione : 0

Memoria video : 0

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

AudioDeviceName: Altoparlanti (Realtek High Definition Audio)

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

Audio dispositivo Sample Rate: 44100

Corporatura: non inizializzata

CardID: 290

Direct2DEnabled: false

GPUDevice: D3D

MaxTexture2DSize: 8192

OGLEnabled: true

Grafica Intel (R) HD 3000: Renderer

ShaderModel: 10.1

Marca: Intel

VendorID: 32902

Versione: 8086: 0122: 844d1043: 0009

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the perpetual license of Lightroom 5.7.1 on Windows 10. I have problems viewing the map. Virtually when I select the paper module only after repeated attempts you can only see satellite maps and not hybrid or road maps and I often see the message "offline map". I also activated Lightroom on the firewall. I found that Lightroom version 6 is available, but when checking through the search for updates, it tells me my version is up to date (5.7.1). I reinstalled everything but no more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 is not a free upgrade to LR5 - there are no updates for LR5 since LR6 came out more than 2 years ago. You need to either buy an upgrade to LR6 or subscribe to the Photography plan to get LR CC 2015 and some other stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe will correct the code to properly interface API with a new release (5.7.x)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe will correct the code to properly interface API with a new release (5.7.x)

As F. McLion explained above, Adobe very likely won't issue a new update of 5.7.   In general, Adobe doesn't issue updates for old major versions.  In this instance, it appears that Google changed something on the server side for their maps API long after the last update  to LR 5, 5.7.1. Adobe updated LR CC 2015 / 6 to accommodate that change, but they almost certainly won't update LR 4 or LR 5.

Your only option to get a working Map module is to upgrade to LR CC 2015 / 6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it says on their website, Lightroom 5 is no longer supported. You stuck, as am I - with the flashing map module. Tough luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to switch between road map and satellite is now broken as well.

I'm going to take this opportunity to evaluate the software I use for processing RAW files.  I hope there are non-rental alternatives to Adobe's CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still purchase the non-CC version of LR. Adobe don't make it easy to find, but it's available as an upgrade for about $80 US.

Here's a description of how to order it from Adobe:

Buying Lightroom normally – Lightroom Solutions

Hal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be correct for Adobe to upgrade the software. I have also verified that through my Adobe ID I can not purchase the upgrade. Only the CC version is proposed. It's not correct I've bought a perpetual version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has changed its Web site since the instructions linked to by Hal were written.  Here are directions for buying an upgrade from LR 5 or earlier to LR 6: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/shop/buy-lightroom/#perpetual . Follow the directions in the section "How do I buy a Lightroom 6 Upgrade?" very carefully -- Adobe does a good job of making it obscure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I tried with your links but it is always and only proposed Lightroom CC.

I have a perpetual license (5.7.1) and at most I can buy an perpetual upgrade and I do not want to buy annual or monthly plans

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried. The link leads to Lightroom CC. Perhaps Adobe is changing its sales policies. If you continue on this road I will evaluate other products

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to contact sales support yesterday to purchase Lightroom 6 upgrade.  Then the purchase took 24 hours to clear a review process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 doesn't appear to fix the "map is offline" problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried. You are either doing something wrong or .... I have no clue ...

After a few clicks, it leads to this, which definitely is the possibility to buy the perpetual version (currency is shown according your location):

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does fix the map issue, after you upgrade (free) to the latest 6.12, after you have installed the base 6.0. There is not direct 6.12 installer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempted several times. Only the Lightroom CC is available on the Italian website

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Removed previous post]

I'll forward this to Adobe ... please stand by.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème maintenant  avec LR5.7 sous windows 7. Jusque là , le module carte fonctionner très bien. carte hors connexion !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have requested the designated team to assist further.

Regards

Rajashree

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashing map fixed as stated. The regional text has also returned with this fix. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed by today's update!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's broken again.  Lightroom CC 2015.12.  It worked for a couple of days, but is unusable again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked my Lightroom CC 2015.12 and map module continues to work just fine. Can't account for your issue at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Map is working fine for me, and has been all of today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem: using Lightroom 6.12 on Windows 10. Map module appears in blank. I have tried all solutions given in this thread and others but none has taken effect.

Really needed!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works as supposed on my end on Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well hey, everyone can go home now.  It works fine for F.McLion and that's all that matters.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok what has happened is Google changed the API as of June 22nd so the map module is unable to update the Map.

Adobe will not update Lightroom 5.71 to use the new API.

However it's not really needed

This plugin Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Geoencoding Support” Plugin for Lightroom and maybe Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “GPS Proximity Search” Lightroom Plugin still work and gives you many external map viewers as well.

This is great if you have a gpx tracklog to work with.

But what if you used the functionality to drop a photo on the map to add gps coordinates.

https://www.snafu.org/GeoTag/  this works for osx select a photo drop a pin on the map (apple maps) and it adds the gps coordinates to the photo. It uses exif tool to write a new file (identical to the old file except for the gps)  you can select the folder with your photos in lightroom and select show in finder start geotag select open and now drag a photo from the finder window to the open dialog box this changes the folder its looking at. hit open all the files are queued up and you can tag. Saving is a bit slow since it recreates the file and puts the old one in trash.  Close GeoTag when finished.  When back in lightroom right click on the photos and select read metadata from file and after a few seconds all the photo's you have added gps coordinates to.

Alternatively any mapping app that can give you a gps coordinate can be used, copy the coordinate to the clipboard, paste to the gps field in lightroom. 

It may actually be faster to find a coordinate in geotag copy that to the clipboard and paste it in lightroom.

You really don't need the actual map tile in lightroom to tag gps data to photos. It would be nice but it's  only a visual aid. Adobe don't want to fix it for Lightroom 5  but as you can see you don't need it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geosetter ( GeoSetter  ) is also a good alternative to insert GPS data in .xmp files. You can either use gpx-file or select a location on a map and transfer it into pictures. I've been using it for years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines