• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 iPad and Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased the 2018 iPad (not the iPad Pro) which is compatible with the Apple pencil.  Can I use the pencil to process photos in Lightroom CC using the 2018 iPad?  I'm wondering if the pencil and iPad work like a Wacom tablet and stylus.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Yes it should work. I think there is more benefit from the pressure sensitivity in other apps like Adobe Illustrator. But the Apple pencil could be used in LRCC on the iPad e.g. for painting selections with the brush tool. You will still need your fingers e.g. for pinch zooming etc. Here is a video which may be helpful.

https://youtu.be/xI5tCSMLles

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're aware that only Lightroom Mobile can be used on iPads since iPads run the iOS mobile operating system?

Lightroom CC requires a desktop operating system such as macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it should work. I think there is more benefit from the pressure sensitivity in other apps like Adobe Illustrator. But the Apple pencil could be used in LRCC on the iPad e.g. for painting selections with the brush tool. You will still need your fingers e.g. for pinch zooming etc. Here is a video which may be helpful.

https://youtu.be/xI5tCSMLles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link!  Colin was using an iPad Pro.  My question referred to the iPad 9.7 (I think that's what they're calling it.), not the iPad Pro.  My guess is what ever I would do with a mouse on the desktop/laptop, I can do with the pencil on the iPad 9.7.  Am I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Apple pencil is only compatible with the iPad Pro and iPad 6th gen (2018). It’s best to check with the Apple store or reseller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your iPad IS compatible with apple pencil, then yes, you can use it like a tablet with LR mobile....

if you want to use the iPad /pencil like a wacom tablet with your desktop/laptop, there are solutions like duet or astropad both of which do different things in different ways...

i find using iPad/pencil with LR mobile to be the best solution....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR Mobile works with Smart Previews, the Squeeze DNG files that were added in Lightroom 5. Lightroom Mobile works as an associate app to the desktop version. this is free on iOS. It’s legally the most gripping case for the iPad being a full-blown workstation. I can do basically everything I want in photo evolution between affinity photo and Lightroom. get more at iPad Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines