• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding more backdrop to pictures PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need help with adding more backdrop pictures.  Everytime I do it It instead of adding more backdrop to the photos it adds their faces and extra fingers in the background. I need to get it done by Friday.LRG_DSC04156.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what you mean is that you want to extend the backdrop, I think you need to use Photoshop rather than Lightroom. There are some tools in Photoshop that would make it easier to accomplish the task. Lightroom is a nondestructive editor, so what you are wanting to do is a little heavy-handed for Lightroom alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  thats what I used when I tried extending the backdrop and it still was adding duplicates of hands and faces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a master at using those Photoshop tools. I've watched some master classes on how to use them, and those who really know how to do it can work wonders. I don't know what you used or how you implemented the techniques. All I can suggest is to keep trying. I'm curious as to why you asked this question in the Lightroom ecosystem forum if you used Photoshop to try to make the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PHOTOSHOP- You would do something like this-

1) Select the blank area of the background (Quick Selection Tool?)

2) Go Menu > Edit > Content aware Fill

3) Use the brush to erase any green overlay (Sampling Area) that covers the faces. The overlay should only be on the wanted background to use for the 'Fill'.

4) Apply

2021-09-03 07_52_06-LRG_DSC04156.jpg @ 56.4% (Layer 1, RGB_16) _.jpg

2021-09-03 07_44_46-LRG_DSC04156.jpg @ 56.4% (Layer 1, RGB_16) _.jpg2021-09-03 07_45_07-LRG_DSC04156.jpg @ 56.4% (Layer 1 copy, RGB_16) _.jpg

And if you extend the 'Canvas' (by Crop tool) you can also 'Content Aware Fill' more of the background above the heads.

2021-09-03 07_58_50-LRG_DSC04156.jpg @ 35% (Background copy, RGB_16) _.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines