• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw (Lightroom)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For over two weeks now I have not been able to open Lightroom on my new MBP M3 Max. I have reinstalled three times, run the cleaner app, and reinstalled Creative Cloud, but nothing is fixing the issue - Camera Raw fails to initialize.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have more details from you?

"Camera Raw" is a Photoshop Plugin and has no purpose or effect, neither is it needed, for using Lightroom-Desktop (Cloud based app).

Is it that you have "reinstalled (Lightroom) three times" from the Desktop App?

Does the Creative Cloud Desktop App , from the Apps icon, show you Lightroom to (Open) or (Install) ?

2024-07-03 10_37_35-Creative Cloud Desktop.jpg

Do you see any error messages?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are 3 screenshots of trying to open Lr.  I have check disk permissions and Lr has Full Access.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 11.42.47 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-07-08 at 11.43.06 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-07-08 at 11.43.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the final dialogue box that allows me to report the issue, which I have done a few times

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 11.45.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened a chat with Adobe Support?

And if not already done so try- Grant 'Full DIsk Permissions' in your Mac.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/disk-permissions-monterey-classic/

The link (although a little out of date) refers to Lr-Classic but should apply the same for Lightroom.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way that Adobe access application is the worst. Need to discontinue that as I've uninstalled it months ago. Just as facebook isn't an alternative platform anymore. Too controlling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figure out another way of accessing Adobe application as the Apple Store has commandered one side of the IP community while google has control of the other. Especially if one has run out of fiat during the early part of a new month. Even though DVD software is owned and installed, our phones are blocked from accessing any updates. Which in this striated fiat times, you now become locked out of socializing via web. No conglomerates should have that kind of control over society. No one. Had been blocked from twitter's platform because I mentioned that Trump would win the election. So bought a new phone just to stay relatively updated with news. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines