Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog migration progress check

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

None of my search terms have revealed a thread addressing a similar question. 

I started migrating a 28k file/ 260GB catalog from LrClassic to LrCloud. 
The process started without any errors, flags, missing files or metadata conflicts.

so far, so good. 
It's been days with no obvious progress. 
The catalog says synched, but not all the files are there and the blue pin wheel keeps turning. 
Choosing any spec file that is showing and appears to have been uploaded, ie is not a black rectangle place holder also does not load any edits previously done in LrClassic. 

had an idea to log into Lr iOS app on an ipad, hoping it would show all the files that have been successfully imported so far. That number is 210 and hasn't changed in 3 days!

I've attempted logging out and back in to the Lr iOS app as a way of refresh, with no change in what is available. 

Is there an actual, informative tool to check on the migration progress and whatever processing needs to happen before the files are available?

My internet connection bandwidth has never been an issue. My entire HD backs up to the cloud within 6-9 hrs monthly, and Smugmug's Source backup app has also been similarly fast. 

No other applications are running on the PC. 

The sync wheel has been turning for four days days now!

I have tried pausing and restarting the sync process on LrCloud on the PC - no change resulted. 

Is this a normal situation or have I missed a step?

How long can this take?!

Can something be done to accelerate the process or see if something is hung up somehow?

Thanks. 

TOPICS
iPadOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Thank you

I'm embarrassed to say all it took to fix this was to restart the computer. 

In my defense, I was reticent to do this because I was concerned interrupting the upload  would corrupt the process somehow and only did this as a last desperate measure before resorting to logging in and out of the application altogether. 
If there is guidance on this I had missed, it's not very obvious. 
Perhaps this thread may prove useful to someone in the future. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login to your account at lightroom.adobe.com. Whatever you see there has been successfully uploaded to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that.

Yup, it says 210 files. Same as the iOS LR

Meanwhilte my PC LrCloud still has the blue pinwheel going!

It's been nearly a week.

Obviously something is amiss.

How do I get around this problem?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I don't have a definitive answer. The upload process could be suspended for any number of reason. This page lists many of them. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/migration-errors.html Perhaps you will find an answer here.

If you followed all of the directions for migration here https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-to-lightroom-cc.html you may need to remove the Lightroom library on your computer and start over. Let it rebuild itself and then start the migration process again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I'm embarrassed to say all it took to fix this was to restart the computer. 

In my defense, I was reticent to do this because I was concerned interrupting the upload  would corrupt the process somehow and only did this as a last desperate measure before resorting to logging in and out of the application altogether. 
If there is guidance on this I had missed, it's not very obvious. 
Perhaps this thread may prove useful to someone in the future. 

Thanks for the responses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't have guessed a restart would have fixed this either, especially because you didn't see the images online with the browser. Thanks for sharing your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines