• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading of Shared Albums?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure in the prior version of Lightroom Mobile someone whom I sent a shared link to could download from the web based link I sent to them. I tried this today and there was no download option anywhere that I could find. Was this a change with the new Lightroom CC? Am I missing something or is there a way I can enable downloading of shared albums? If not this forces me to export and use another cloud based app like dropbox etc.. doesn't make sense.

Workflow example:

Photos imported on mobile device to Lightroom CC

Edits in Lightroom CC

Share album and send link to client

Client downloading photos from shared link

Any help is appreciated, this seemed to work prior to the change.

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

When you choose a public album and click on the settings button it should bring up a dialog with various tabs e.g. General, Share, Slideshow etc.

It is possible to enable downloads under the Share tab in the Lr Web app – see image below.

Share.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the confusion, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn’t solve the problem of my friends not being able to download the images I’m sending them in the album. It defeats the purpose of using this if I have to download the images myself and send them via another cloud service. I guess I’ll have to contact adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does. If YOU login to your lightroom.adobe.com website you have access to all your albums and photos, and for each album that you enable sharing on, you can set the various options that your viewers will have, i.e. you can set the shared album to allow downloads.

Sporting_Events.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your research on this topic, did you learn if/how a recipient of a shared album could download the whole album at once?

Some albums I've shared have been quite large and downloading one photo at a time is a bit cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've enabled the "Allow Downloads" option, the people you send the link to should see a "Download" button top right in the grid view, next to the Slideshow button. Clicking that download button will cause all the images in that album to be downloaded into a single zipped folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today and the latest release has this now been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines