• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPR (GoPro) RAW not supported by Lightroom CC Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So GoPro claims itself as "the social media camera", still I can‘t import raw files from my GoPro into Lightroom CC Mobile on my iPad.

Is there a way to get my raw files into Lightroom CC Mobile without using a computer first? For example like I import my RAW files from my DSLR with a SD-Card adapter?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

Because of Apple’s iOS system restrictions, you have to import the raw files to the iOS camera roll first. Then you can import to LR CC Mobile from there.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

This is the way I tried, but it always just imports the jpg and not the gpr file to the ipad.

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this out with the latest version, i.e. 4.2

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

I tried the latest version but it didn’t work. Now I think it is a problem with Apple itself. When I import files from my DSLR to the iPad Pro via my SD-card  reader and then import the image from the iPads camera roll to LR CC Mobile, it automatically is the imported RAW (CR2). When I do the same with the GoPro it always just imports the JPG instead of the GPR. So the problem starts when, instead of importing the GPR, the iPad is just importing the JPG. I couldn‘t find a way to import the files from the SD-card without importing it first to the iPads camera roll either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, it would be good to know exactly how you import.

Do you do it with the file picker? Is it autoimport?
How does it work if you e.g. share/open copy?
Or just use the new share extension?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually put in my SD-Card reader into the iPad and the iPads camera roll automatically pops up. There I select my files and import them to the camera roll. Then I switch to LR CC Mobile for iPad and press the blue button in the right bottom corner to import files from the camera roll. That works for my CR2 raw files not for the GPRs. I read about a faster way to import directly to LR, but didn‘t find a „how to“ about it. I‘m happy to try another way if someone helps me out with a link or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the same problem I have. I believe it’s due to the GPR file extension. I think iOS is only set up to look for certain photo extensions, and it knows about RAW but not GPR.

I’ve had some success using my wife’s laptop to upload my files to Dropbox and then renaming the file extension from GPR to RAW and then importing to Lightroom.

But, the whole idea for me is to not have to use a laptop to get to the RAW file.

I think the best thing GoPro could do is to allow us to set the GPR files to save as a RAW file extension in the camera settings.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let us know exactly which goPRO you have?
iOS version would also help.

Btw - does it work with the Shortcuts app if you select file type GPR?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ignacio,

I have a GoPro Hero 5. iOS version is 12.1.4.

The Shortcuts app doesn’t seem to do anything for me, but this is my first time using it.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

If you save the GPR images to the Files App you will be able to import many at a time as of Lightroom 4.2 (latest release).
You then select that images that you want, tap Share and select Lightroom.

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I save the GPR files from the Apple SD card reader to the Files app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem to be possible as a mobile workflow.
It is possible over e.g. iTunes.
The Camera Connection Kit only seems to import JPG's to the Camera roll.

The ideal thing to do would be that the GoPro app allows syncing of non JPGs to the GoPro app.
And that they are then saved into Files for others to use through sharing.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much that Lightroom can do here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import the GPR files into LR CC as a GPR.  I cannot convert it to a DNG.  I can open it in Camera Raw in PS and SAVE AS a a PSD.

Any clues on importing into LR as a DNG?

I am using a MicroSoft Surface 3, WIN 10, and a HERO 7 Black

Neal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with exactly the same issue and I've spent hours looking for a resolution without success. Did any of you finally get a working solution? Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried importing GoPro raw files (extension .GPR)  from the SD card using the Files App on my iPad 2 and then "sharing" the files from the Files App to LR as per the advice found on this discussion. It worked! I'm very grateful for the advice provided by the contributors. 
The files appear in the LR app as DNG files. The DNG files are not much bigger than the JPG files so I'm trying to work out why.

I also managed to transfer CR2 raw files created on my Canon using an SD to Lightning adaptor and importing the files directly to the LR app. The CR2 files in this case are several times bigger than the JPG files.

Thanks to one and all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I solved it going to lightroom.adobe.com website and uploading the RAW files there through the website. You can create a new folder on the site and see it on your app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works perfectly! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, also doesnt work when you try importing the files from the SD card to Lightroom en macOS. seems like a failure from the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue using Lightroom on Android.

I know this used to work in the past but at some point it stopped importing. GPR files.

I figured out that if you rename the raw file to change the extension from .GPR to . DNG the app accepts this and imports it.

I've been doing this for a while and it hasn't been a problem for the limited number of .GPR files I work on but it wouldn't want to do it if I had a lot of files.

This is my workaround to no having to run the files through a converter and using a computer.

If you could look into this I would appreciate it.

What I'm using:

Gopro Hero 10

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8+

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines