• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with lightroom mobile on iPad to external drive.

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My normal workflow is from sd card from camera transferred to external hard drive connected to my mac, then import to lightroom on mac. If I am traveling, I download to my Ipad photos app from SD card, then import to lightroom mobile. My question is how do I take the photo files and edits I have from travel and export them to my external drive for permanent storage when I get home and not lose any work I have done?

And also free up space on my Ipad. I have searched for an answer to my problem but haven't found one, so sorry if it has already been discussed. Thanks in advance for any help

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you import in Lightroom Classic on the Mac, which is an important distinction because Lightroom (desktop) would need no importing as it uses the same cloud space as Lightroom for iPad. To import the images in Lightroom Classic simply enable sync of the Lightroom Classic catalog. All cloud images will be downloaded. In Preferences - Lightroom Sync you can choose the location on your hard disk for these downloaded images.

To free up space on your iPad, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and choose App Settings, then Cloud Storage & Sync and swith on 'Only download smart previews'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines