• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I access Creative Cloud photos from Lightroom CC Web and Mobile (iOS)?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I signed up for the Creative Cloud plan giving me access to Lightroom CC and 1TB storage on Creative Cloud.  I took it for granted that:

1) I could easily upload photos etc to Creative Cloud ("check", it works, although took me some searching to find out how to open Creative Cloud in a browser!)

2) Easily access photos from Creative Cloud to edit them in Lightroom (Web, Desktop, Mobile) (can I ??! I have not found a way)

3) Files I would import to Lightroom would be synched to Creative Cloud and accessible from it (are they?! I can't see them anywhere but in Lightroom)

Much to my surprise, photos I added (imported) to Lightroom CC does NOT appear in my Creative Cloud folder (when accessing it via the Web Browser here Adobe Creative Cloud ). Although I've later learnt that they ARE indeed stored in the (Creative?) Cloud, but only viewable from Lightroom itself (?).

More disturbingly, I have found NO SIMPLE WAY to start editing a photo I've stored in the Creative Cloud in Lightroom! Whether Lightroom CC (the new one..) or on my mobile (iOS).   My "Albums" in Lightroom are the ones I've created in Lightroom. The Folders in Creative Cloud are not visible, and seemingly no way to even access them.  Why can't I see my Creative Cloud folders directly in Lightroom and open photos from it for edit ?!?!?!  I totally get that if I'm not online, I can't be expected to do this.. Of course.  But when I'm online - which is all the time - why not?!

Is it me who are going crazy ('cause it feels like it..)?  If I want to edit a photo I've stored in the Creative Cloud, I so far use this procedure:

On iOS mobile:  

1) Open the Creative Cloud app.

2) Open a photo.

3) Press the up-arrow icon, and select "Open in...".

4) Select "Copy to Lightroom CC"

A problem that occurs is, where does the file go after I'm done editing it?!  I can save it as JPG to the phone. That works. But the edited RAW file is not to see anywhere... It still sits in Creative Cloud, but unedited. Where's the edited file stored?

In Lightroom Web app:  1) Copy the photo manually from Creative Cloud to a local folder. 2) Use the "Add photos" function in Lightroom CC to navigate to the local folder and add the photo to Lightroom....

This is absolutely bonkers.

I've searched around for answers, but not succeeded.

Adobe Customer care: Please explain to me how I can easily access photos stored in Creative Cloud, to edit them in Lightroom CC (not Classic) on Web and on mobile (iOS).

As a bottom line comment, I find the entire Creative Cloud and Adobe universe absolutely confusing and frustrating. I had to search around for how to access my creative cloud files. No obvious link to it after I sign in to Adobe.  As an example.  No link to opening Lightroom in Web mode.  I had to search around until someone said which link to use.  It seems Adobe is primarily focused on promoting new products after logging in with Adobe ID !  Where is a simple "My Page" thing, where links to  (e.g.) open LIghtroom CC Web, Creative Cloud library, etc are laid out?

.. Don't get me started on all the confusions created by keeping the same name ("Lightroom CC") for the new product while renaming the old to "Lightroom CC Classic". It totally destroys any chance of finding information online for the "new" offering. 

And don't get me started on the "Library" thing, which apparently is something different than the Creative Cloud folders (?).  It is all frustratingly disjointed.  I regret signing up for Creative Cloud.  It seems we're funding a startup thing that's all in chaos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Guys, I'm afraid you are not understanding how your "Creative Cloud" space is intended to be used. There are two ways of using that space:

1. By using the "Creative Cloud Files" element, which you enable via the Files tab of the CC app and it then operates as a cloud file sharing system in the Dropbox mode, i.e. you can add files (not just images) into the local storage space, they will be uploaded to the Adobe cloud and can then be accessed from other devices when you are signed in to the same A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines