• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you revert back to a previous version of Lightroom?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I revert back from the latest update?  I will now need to change programs do reduce some noise or add years to my workflow.  These new settings don't work the same as the older version and the AI is a nightmare when you're batch processing 200 files at once.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SnydersPhotography 

Thanks for reaching out. 

To revert to the previous version, you must go to the Creative Cloud Desktop application. Then click the three dots beside Lightroom. You will get the option 'Other Versions'; click it.

RanjishaSengupta_0-1681865580620.png

Choose and install the version of your choice.

Let us know if it helps,

Best

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I saw this response in another post and took me a couple tries to get on
the correct page to have the 3 dots. I was able to reload the older
version. This is nice to know now that my camera raw isn't compatible with
elements 2022. I may have to do the same with that if I run into another
version skew issue.

Thank you,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to turn back to the old version, but I cannot find the page with the three dots (windows 10).

In the old version, I could change the language from Italian (system) to German - in the latest version I change the language but with the restart, everything turns back to Italien 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to roll back to 6.3. Things were not right after this update. AI could not detect people in my photo and there were other masking issues too. Denoise AI did not work at all on my .CR3 files. In every try I was presented with the message "Upsupported Photo: This photo is not supported by this feature." No explanation as to why or how to fix it. Usually I love getting the updates but this was over the top frustrating. Let me know when it all works and I will try again. Thx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Catherine2950959417ec Do you perhaps shoot one of the downsized raw formats like sRAW or mRAW? They're not "real" raw data any more as they're demosaiced by the camera, so they're not supported at this time.

AI not detecting people though... sounds like a graphics card driver issue. Is it working ok in 6.2 now you've rolled back? What are your system specs (from Help menu > System Info) please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you don't need to roll back to use the older noise reduction sliders...? Just click on Manual Noise Reduction to see them.

2023-04-19_09-12-33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit late the revert to downrev thread, this being Feb '24.  However, I wanted to add my two cents.  I was all good with updates in LRc until earlier this month.  The move to 13.0.1.2 (or there abouts) really impacted LRc speed.  I have a Nvidia GTX745 & 32GB RAM..  Granted, my PC is a bit outdated, but if it ain't broke...$$$  I reverted to 12.5 and my graphics processing has improved, not to what is was, but liveable (haven't rebooted yet).  NOTE:  reverting to 12 from 13 resulted in losing to access to pics processed in catalog13--the revert forced me back to a pre 13 catalog.  This means edits made after upgrading to 13 are likely going to require re-do.  So everthing since October in my case.  Guess I will live in v12.5 until $3K available for a new PC with updated Nvidia graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have previously had no issue downloading lightroom on my Mac using the three dots in the CC desktop app and selecting "older versions" as instructed here, however now I no longer have the three dots and it just says "system incompatible." I am still able to access older versions of photoshop and other programs, but can't figure out a way to get Lightroom back on my computer, and I'm at my wits end after wasting many, many hours fighting with this system. Hope someone can help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines