• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an album in Lightroom that's not synced with Lightroom Classic?

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create an album in Lightroom it gets automatically synced with Lightroom Classic. If I stop syncing in Lightroom Classic, the album gets deleted in Lightroom. What?? 

How can I create an album in Lightroom that's not synced to Lightroom Classic?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Create Folder: Create a folder in lightroom.adobe.com

2) Create Album Select that folder then create an album inside that folder

3) Populate Album Select that Album then click “+ Add Photos” and select the images from your computer’s hard drive

Let me know if that works for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create an album in Lightroom that's not synced to Lightroom Classic?

By @TomazDrnovsek-old

If you have your Lightroom Classic catalog enabled to sync with the cloud, then you cannot create an album in Lightroom that's not synced to Lightroom Classic. You can selectively decide which images/collections in a sync-enabled Lightroom Classic catalog will sync with the Cloud, but there is no such selective sync if the assets originate in any of the Lightroom apps, so everything added in Lightroom (images or albums) will automatically download into Lightroom Classic. However, if you then decide in Lightroom Classic that you no longer want any synced asset to remain synced, unsyncing it in Classic will automatically delete it from the Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame.

I wonder, why this is better, opposed to being able to select what gets synced and what not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not better. It's a left over from the past, that never got updated. Initially there was only Lighroom Classic (although 'Classic' was not used at that time). Then Adobe created Lightroom Mobile for the iPad, so there was a need for some kind of synchronisation between the two. At that time, Lightroom for iPad did not have a built-in camera app and could not import images from a camera directly, so there was no need for selective sync from the iPad to the computer, only vice versa. Things have changed in the meantime of course, but Lightroom Classic was not updated with new sync features, because Adobe designated the new Lightroom for a cloud centered ecosystem. You could say that we should be glad that they did not remove all sync features from Lightroom Classic when Lightroom was introduced...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame.

I wonder, why this is better, opposed to being able to select what gets synced and what not?

By @TomazDrnovsek-old

Selective Sync from the cloud was never an option. The cloud ecosystem was advertised as "all your photos anywhere", i.e. any photos added on any synced device (such as an iPad) will automatically be made available on any other of your synced devices (such as your phone or a browser or your desktop and, if sync-enabled, your LrC catalog). Many users have requested selective sync from the cloud for many years, and I guess the recent addition of the "local" modes in both the desktop and mobile versions has gone a little way to allowing some control over what gets added to the cloud, but once they are added then they still get distributed to all other connected clients. What is not possible is to have images in the cloud being assigned to sync only to selected clients, which I totally understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course you could argue about about that. I use Lightroom Classic on my main computer, so I do have selective sync from my computer to the cloud and that is exactly what I want. I have 200,000 photos in Lightroom Classic, and it would be a real nightmare if I had no choice but to have the same 200,000 photos on my iPhone or ipad. If I was not using Lightroom Classic but Lightroom desktop to manage those 200,000 photos, then I would definitely want to have that same selective sync option!

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines