• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import photos from social media and smartphones?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably going to sound very silly because I'm a total novice at photography let alone using this app and all its features so please forgive my limited knowledge.  The issue I'm having is I wanted to import all my photos from other media apps I use like Facebook,  Instagram etc and also from my phone storage but can't seem to be able to work out how to go about this please if anyone can help please let me know and again let me apologise for my lack of even minimal information about this . Yours embarrassingly. ........ Michelle 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more of a Lightroom Classic user, so my answer may not be as relevant. Lightroom is capable of storing images from your phone. However, it is not designed to store images "from" other media apps such as Facebook and Instagram. You can prepare images to share on those platforms using Lightroom, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what Jim said, to import photos from Facebook, Instagram etc into Lightroom, you would have to export them to your camera roll for Lightroom to see and import them.  Or maybe the mobile apps for these other services could "Share" to Lightroom as a method to copy photos into Lightroom. 

However, to be clear, there is no two-way sync.  If you export from these other services and import into Lightroom, any edits you make in Lightroom will not automatically appear in those other services.  If you edit an image in Lightroom, and want to post it on FB or Instagram, Lightroom will let you export back to the camera roll, or "Share" to the other service in a new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines