• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent iPhone from importing ALL device photos to LR. I just want camera photos.

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife has an iPhone. I setup auto-import of photos and videos to Lightroom mobile, but it's grabbing ALL photos that show up the device, including things people send in WhatsApp, for example. I don't want that. I just want photos actually taken by the device. Any way to do that? Otherwise, we get tons of duplicates and unwanted photos.

My Samsung S23U Android photo seems to have more nuanced control over this.

Is there any way to control this better on iPhone?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the App's Settings you can toggle off Photos, Screenshots and Videos. That's all.

If the issue is mainly WhatsApp photos, then you can turn off Save to Camera Roll in WhatsApp settings.

I think your only other option maybe turning off auto import and using the device tab in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not only WhatsApp, but it is mainly WhatsApp. I didn't even think to look at its settings. Turned that right off. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines